Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - I have noticed...

Reply to topic
I have noticed...
Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:18 am
I have noticed that emulation seems to have a positive effect on the sales of SMS games.
I have downloaded many a SMS/GG ROM and, on occasion, have been so moved by the quality or sheer nostalgia effect that I have actually gone out and bought the game.
Examples include:
Mortal Kombat (SMS *and* GG!)
Phantasy Star
Action Fighter
Double Dragon
Road Rash
Spy vs. Spy
Choplifter

The smae thing goes for MegaDrive games as well

I was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing?
~unfnknblvbl
The Sky Baby
true...
Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:14 pm
> I have noticed that emulation seems to have a positive effect on the sales of SMS games.
> I have downloaded many a SMS/GG ROM and, on occasion, have been so moved by the quality or sheer nostalgia effect that I have actually gone out and bought the game.
> Examples include:
> Mortal Kombat (SMS *and* GG!)
> Phantasy Star
> Action Fighter
> Double Dragon
> Road Rash
> Spy vs. Spy
> Choplifter
> The smae thing goes for MegaDrive games as well
> I was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing?
> ~unfnknblvbl

as soon as i get money i will be buying some gameboy stuph that i have played roms for but want real versions of...

so emulation is helping sales not hindering as Ni****do/sony/idsa keep saying...

lol :)

P-Strife
Old News...
Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 1999 6:44 pm
That happens all the time over on the NESFamicom scene especially now that people are trying to get every single cart dumped and out on the net. Because of emulation I recently purchased Shinobi 3 which I found to be a very good Genesis game. I'm still trying to aquire a Master System myself now, amongst other things. Anyway you got Phantasy Star, how'd you do that???(just wondering since that is the most sought after game in the SMS scene)

Jonas
Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:21 pm
> I have noticed that emulation seems to have a positive effect on the sales of SMS games.
> I have downloaded many a SMS/GG ROM and, on occasion, have been so moved by the quality or sheer nostalgia effect that I have actually gone out and bought the game.
> Examples include:
> Phantasy Star
> Action Fighter
> Double Dragon
> Road Rash
> Spy vs. Spy
> Choplifter

> ~unfnknblvbl

of course. Ever since SMS power started releasing one ROM every day I've realised how great SMS are, and have started to buy a lotta games.
So, of course, emulation is only good for the game companies. Bad they haven't realised that themselves...

Here in Australia...
Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 1999 4:23 am
Here in Australia, we have this chain of shops called 'Cash Converters' (Cashies'), a second-hand retail store.
Sometimes there are really ignorant people, like most Ozzie SMS owners, that bring in really rare collectors items.
Cashies' employees are dolts as well, as they quite often do not know the value of certain items. Thus, I picked up Phantasy Star (box, no manual) for $5AUD. Hehe, suckers.
~unfnknblvbl
my sms collection is at 39 carts..and growing :) nt
Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 1999 11:57 am
> Examples include:
> Phantasy Star
> Action Fighter
> Double Dragon
> Road Rash
> Spy vs. Spy
> Choplifter

> ~unfnknblvbl
P-Strife
We have that place to and have the same results most of the time :) *nt*
Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 1999 4:17 pm
> Here in Australia, we have this chain of shops called 'Cash Converters' (Cashies'), a second-hand retail store.
> Sometimes there are really ignorant people, like most Ozzie SMS owners, that bring in really rare collectors items.
> Cashies' employees are dolts as well, as they quite often do not know the value of certain items. Thus, I picked up Phantasy Star (box, no manual) for $5AUD. Hehe, suckers.
> ~unfnknblvbl

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!