Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - How are those 16 digit checksum number at MEKA.NAM calculated ? They aren't standard CRC-32, could you please explain Zoop ? Th

Reply to topic
Sapin
How are those 16 digit checksum number at MEKA.NAM calculated ? They aren't standard CRC-32, could you please explain Zoop ? Th
Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 1999 2:50 pm

Answer (AND PLEASE TALK IN THE MESSAGE FIELD, NOT SUBJECT FIELD)
Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 1999 10:01 pm
I'm using my own method to compute these numbers, and it's no way related to CRC-32 (which I should have used in the first place..).
What do you want to know how to compute these numbers yourself?
Fabricio (Animal)
Re: Answer (AND PLEASE TALK IN THE MESSAGE FIELD, NOT SUBJECT FIELD)
Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 1999 4:06 pm
> I'm using my own method to compute these numbers, and it's no way related to CRC-32 (which I should have used in the first place..).
> What do you want to know how to compute these numbers yourself?

I tried to discover your method too. :)
Because there are some brazilian hacks not listed in MEKA.NAM and I was trying to add these games, add some comments, and send this file to you. (as you ask in the MEKA.TXT file):
"Edit MEKA.NAM to add comments about games you like (and send them to me)."

Method
Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 1999 5:35 pm
> > I'm using my own method to compute these numbers, and it's no way related to CRC-32 (which I should have used in the first place..).
> > What do you want to know how to compute these numbers yourself?
> I tried to discover your method too. :)
> Because there are some brazilian hacks not listed in MEKA.NAM and I was trying to add these games, add some comments, and send this file to you. (as you ask in the MEKA.TXT file):
> "Edit MEKA.NAM to add comments about games you like (and send them to me)."

If you have stuff to add you can tell me. And actually that's *exactly* why I'm not publishing the informations to compute these numbers. The method itself is simple and isn't secret, but as long as I'm keeping Meka updated myself, I'd like to know about ROMs I am missing. And in 90% of the case, people got a corrupted dump.
Sapin
Sorry (answer)
Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 1999 8:29 pm
If the first place, sorry about writing such long subject.

> What do you want to know how to compute these numbers yourself?

My only intention is to write a program to rename (like in MEKA.VFN file) all my roms, and detect and delete all the bad ones. Some time ago I wrote you an email asking about a future option in Meka or an external program to do this, but well, if
is something that I could do on my own I will try, but the method
of calculation was a problem :) I think that the reason why you
keep this in 'secret' is perfectly understandable, so, I will wait the necesary time to use a tool/option you can provide.
Thanks for your response.

Adrian

Re: Sorry (answer)
Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 1999 10:14 pm
> My only intention is to write a program to rename (like in MEKA.VFN file) all my roms, and detect and delete all the bad ones. Some time ago I wrote you an email asking about a future option in Meka or an external program to do this, but well, if
> is something that I could do on my own I will try, but the method
> of calculation was a problem :) I think that the reason why you
> keep this in 'secret' is perfectly understandable, so, I will wait the necesary time to use a tool/option you can provide.

Well, if you want to write a tool for that purpose, I'll tell you how to compute the numbers (as it's very simple) as long as you don't pass the informations for the moment - I am still recieving emails about games "missing" in the list.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!