SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Psychic World (SMS) cheat doesn't work

Reply to topic
Psychic World (SMS) cheat doesn't work
Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 am
Context:
I tried doing the cheat for Psychic World to skip past the accursed ice level, but I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have the keys for the second controller held down (S for down, and F and G for 1 and 2) and the second step is to press "up, plus 1, plus 2" aaaaaand it doesn't work! I tried holding the controller 2's buttons down while inputting the combination in order, nothing happens. I tried holding controller 2's buttons down when the title screen popped up, then tried pressing controller 1's button combination all at the same time, nothing happened either. I'm guessing there's supposed to be a simple menu that pops up giving you the sound test and level select in simple text. But I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!
Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am
If anyone knows a cheat that can skip level 4 and 5 to the end let me know haha. I love the game but seriously level 4 and 5 are almost impossible and extremely long. Only seen it finished once by PootyEchidna (Michael) on YouTube. Fair play to him too. Its bloody brutal in places.
Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm
Your description sounds like you're using a keyboard. It quite possible you are hitting the age-old emulation problem to wanting to press too many keys.
Unfortunately, keyboards have a limit of how many keys can be pressed at once, and games which require many pressed at the same time will require a game controller handled with the OS as game controller inputs.
(I have to specify the last one as I've played another game on another console using a Retrode and SNES controller. I realized the device was mapping itself as a keyboard and so it wouldn't register all the keys in that mode.)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!