9 11% 11%
10 (Excellent) 29% 29%
This poll has expired.
  • Site Admin
[Hacks competition 2024] Barn 51 by PinkeyeFR
Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:26 pm
Last edited by Maxim on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
https://www.smspower.org/Hacks/AlexKiddInMiracleWorld-SMS-Barn51-Mod

Fed up of filing complaints from local ranchers whose cattle was abducted by aliens, the CIA launched project Barn 51. It consisted in a team of bionically enhanced farm animals specifically trained to hunt down aliens.
Take control of Combat Cow, Scuba Sheep, Hoverin Hog and Rocket Rooster in this fast paced Alex Kidd in Miracle World hack.
Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:15 pm
Hi Pinkeye, happy to try again this year!
I think the pixel art and color choice is exceptional. The level design is very inspired and it's very fun to play as several characters.
Once again, you bring a universe with its own identity that manages to grab us directly. This is by far my favorite entry in the HACK category this year... love it !
Good job !
Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:39 pm
I think this is your best "non Alex" KiddEd game! It is better than Snorg and way better than Rayman! Graphics are very well made, it is very stylish and humorous, and I also liked how innovative the levels are! Congratulations!
Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 pm
I’m not really into this kind of toilet humor, but this hack has tons of character and creates a world of its own. I like the different super animals and their missions. Great graphics and really good music, too.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:43 am
Kagesan wrote
I’m not really into this kind of toilet humor, but this hack has tons of character and creates a world of its own. I like the different super animals and their missions. Great graphics and really good music, too.

Yeah that was this year's big idea, creating an Alex Kidd Hack that allows the player to control 4 characters in very different levels.

Combat Cow was supposed to roam through "beat-em-all" levels, but it's quite hard to render with Alex Kidd's limitations.

Scuba Ship would require the player to think and draw maps of huge mazes. For the moment it's just secret rooms that are difficult to reach, but I'd really like the other levels to require some mapping.

Hoverin Hog was the SHoot-em-up part of the game, once again, difficult to have a fast paced shmup with Alex Kidd's engine, but still, it works pretty well i think.

And Rocket Rooster was initailly for boss fights, but I've decided to implement bosses in other levels too.

As for the sense of humor, I guess I'm going through a weird phase. I've rewatched the pilot of South Park, and that's what gave me the idea.

And yeah, the sounds for this hack are really neat, i love what Atmostfear did, he's really made things work. I love the second underwater song, and the one in the desert too.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:07 pm
Hi there, here's a new version of the demo. Minor changes, but still, some bugs were reported, and I've modified the secret room in level 6.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pvZ61Zx-6nXvtRM7pEF7hHdN9DfKTWEh/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!