Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Great site.....but do we REALLY need the political message?

Reply to topic
Greg Polander
Great site.....but do we REALLY need the political message?
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 10:59 pm
I have been pretty quiet here, but I felt compled to write today.

I'd like to say I DO enjoy this site a lot, since I found it a couple months ago, and have been downloading and
enjoying very much the ROM's for the SMS and GG on MEKA. Being a Ni****do person myself, I have never
played any of these games and find it very enjoyable I wish I could support the site with money but being a
grad student that is tight for me. Please keep up all the good work.

However, I was angered by the political personal opinion that was on the front page of the site today. As a
loyal and faithfull citizen of the United States, I supported the Gulf War and the contiuing sanctions fully. You
need to remember this is a UN sanction, NOT just the west. I'm sure a lot of other American and Birtish
people who enjoy your site will get mad at what was posted.

Of course you have a right to a personal opinion and I respect that. All I ask is that it NOT be posted here.
This is not the site for it. If anything, these games could help bring people together, not ripping them apart.
If you wish to vent, and you may have valid complaints, there are MANY places on the Web where one can
do so. I do not feel this is the best place for it. Gaming sites should not be used for political anger, no
matter how justified that it may be.

I also object to the use of swearing. Please remember little kids may be here.

I'll go back to lurk mode, but I know that others probaly feel the same way.

Greg

Granchester
Re: Shut up! Zoops Grandmother just died and you are saying you are proud of applepie and tea!!!! I´m with you Zoop!!! (I´m a
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 11:05 pm
> I have been pretty quiet here, but I felt compled to write today.

> I'd like to say I DO enjoy this site a lot, since I found it a couple months ago, and have been downloading and
> enjoying very much the ROM's for the SMS and GG on MEKA. Being a Nintendo person myself, I have never
> played any of these games and find it very enjoyable I wish I could support the site with money but being a
> grad student that is tight for me. Please keep up all the good work.

> However, I was angered by the political personal opinion that was on the front page of the site today. As a
> loyal and faithfull citizen of the United States, I supported the Gulf War and the contiuing sanctions fully. You
> need to remember this is a UN sanction, NOT just the west. I'm sure a lot of other American and Birtish
> people who enjoy your site will get mad at what was posted.

> Of course you have a right to a personal opinion and I respect that. All I ask is that it NOT be posted here.
> This is not the site for it. If anything, these games could help bring people together, not ripping them apart.
> If you wish to vent, and you may have valid complaints, there are MANY places on the Web where one can
> do so. I do not feel this is the best place for it. Gaming sites should not be used for political anger, no
> matter how justified that it may be.

> I also object to the use of swearing. Please remember little kids may be here.

> I'll go back to lurk mode, but I know that others probaly feel the same way.

> Greg

Greg Polander
I'm sorry for Zoop. I was just saying I don't feel this is THE place for swearing and political anger. (NT)
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 11:10 pm

Granchester
Re: Well, It was time for emulation to have something to say abot the real world. *nt*
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 11:13 pm

>
> wrw

Greg Polander
I don't agree. There are PLENTY of sites and boards for that. That and the swearing is all I'm saying. (NT)
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 11:21 pm

Granchester
Re: OK, and tell U2 that there are plenty of polititians who can scream What more in the name of love!!!!!!
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 12:12 am
dasdas

Ballz
I agree with your points, but keep in mind this is Zoop's site, and he can say whatever he pleases on it
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 12:33 am
> I have been pretty quiet here, but I felt compled to write today.

> I'd like to say I DO enjoy this site a lot, since I found it a couple months ago, and have been downloading and
> enjoying very much the ROM's for the SMS and GG on MEKA. Being a Nintendo person myself, I have never
> played any of these games and find it very enjoyable I wish I could support the site with money but being a
> grad student that is tight for me. Please keep up all the good work.

> However, I was angered by the political personal opinion that was on the front page of the site today. As a
> loyal and faithfull citizen of the United States, I supported the Gulf War and the contiuing sanctions fully. You
> need to remember this is a UN sanction, NOT just the west. I'm sure a lot of other American and Birtish
> people who enjoy your site will get mad at what was posted.

> Of course you have a right to a personal opinion and I respect that. All I ask is that it NOT be posted here.
> This is not the site for it. If anything, these games could help bring people together, not ripping them apart.
> If you wish to vent, and you may have valid complaints, there are MANY places on the Web where one can
> do so. I do not feel this is the best place for it. Gaming sites should not be used for political anger, no
> matter how justified that it may be.

> I also object to the use of swearing. Please remember little kids may be here.

> I'll go back to lurk mode, but I know that others probaly feel the same way.

> Greg

Heh... I knew what naughty words were when I was five. I doubt that any three year old video game pirates come to this site. ^^

Sardius
How interesting...
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 12:41 am
Let's see, you use Meka without supporting Zoop in any way, you download dozens of roms for free from this site which you are not legally entitled to play, and yet somehow you feel like you have a right to complain about something? That is VERY interesting. You are the epitome of what Zoop was talking about, a perfect example of a pig-headed American who only cares for his own welfare, and couldn't give a damn about how others think or feel.

Zoop is obviously in a very emotional state right now. He needed to let out some of those emotions, and he felt that this site was a proper forum to do so. And you know what? I support his decision, even though I am an American.

Let him vent his aggressions. It's not like you have any say in the matter.

Greg Polander
Nope, your whole note is wrong.....
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 2:43 am
I said that Zoop was entitled to his opinions, and I do understand that he is upset right now. I should have
said I was sorry in my orginal note as opposed to a follow up.

I just do not feel this is the right place to be expressing it. That was the main thrust of my argument, and I
will stick by it no matter what. The forum was fine -- swearing and venting on the front page is something else.

But to answer your other points......

I WOULD support this site with money if I had some free.

I do suggest this site to other people and have a link to it on my page.

I will continue to support it, no matter what happens.

I called Sega and they told me that they don't care what happens to their SMS and Gen ROM's, so
basicaly they are public domian now. They are not as narrow-minded as Ni****do.

And I DO NOT care just for my own welfare. That I take personal offense to, unlike the actuall post that
Zoop had on the front page.

Greg

Too Stone Cold Scorpio
Re: How interesting...
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 4:54 am
You can nag & complain about us Americans all you want...fact is, you people are the most greedy people on this Earth.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!