SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Roms on Usenet

Reply to topic
Randall
Roms on Usenet
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 5:12 pm
I noticed some people on alt.binaries.emulators.sega posting the SMS Power releases. Maybe the server problems
could be relieved by having an "official" SMS Power flood on a regular schedule. Then we could just download from
Remarq or a news server.

Also, what does anybody think about a newsgroup for 8-bit Sega roms? We could call it alt.binaries.emulators.sega.sms
or something like that. I think it would be nice to keep the genesis floods and the sms floods in different groups,
to make it easier to find what you want.

The Sky Baby
would be usefull
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 5:38 pm
> I noticed some people on alt.binaries.emulators.sega posting the SMS Power releases. Maybe the server problems
> could be relieved by having an "official" SMS Power flood on a regular schedule. Then we could just download from
> Remarq or a news server.

> Also, what does anybody think about a newsgroup for 8-bit Sega roms? We could call it alt.binaries.emulators.sega.sms
> or something like that. I think it would be nice to keep the genesis floods and the sms floods in different groups,
> to make it easier to find what you want.

Protocol is the guy responsable for the new releases being posted and there has been numerous sms/gg floods in the past few months - I use it regularly - so if you request something I can post (if no one else does b4hand)

Unfortunatly not many people have decent news group access so a decent ftp site would be better (anyone have an isdn line and a ftp server on their home computer?)

still anything to save bandwidth is usefull

as for a.b.e.s.sms - could be good (anyone know how to start a new group?)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!