Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Zoop; MekaDrive

Reply to topic
Zoop; MekaDrive
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 1:21 am
Hey man!
How is the progress on MekaDrive going?
Anyway, I just had an idea on what you could get the programmers to implement in it (once emulation is complete, that is).
Faster loading times!!!
Have you ever played Mortal Kombat on the Sega/Mega CD? If so, then you'll know what I mean. Most of the game is spent waiting for it to load up :-(
Anyway, it's just a suggestion...
-unfnknblvbl
Jon
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 4:18 am
> Hey man!
> How is the progress on MekaDrive going?
> Anyway, I just had an idea on what you could get the programmers to implement in it (once emulation is complete, that is).
> Faster loading times!!!
> Have you ever played Mortal Kombat on the Sega/Mega CD? If so, then you'll know what I mean. Most of the game is spent waiting for it to load up :-(
> Anyway, it's just a suggestion...
> -unfnknblvbl

Well since The SegaCD was only a single speed CD-Rom player, so most any computer should have faster loading times. Most computers have al least a 8x or faster CDrom.

-=Jon=-

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 6:39 am
> Well since The SegaCD was only a single speed CD-Rom player, so most any computer should have faster loading times. Most computers have al least a 8x or faster CDrom.

Not mine.
Anyway, it is not sure that the emulator will be able to use faster loading, since in some cases it could screw a few things.
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 9:30 am
> Not mine.

Or mine

> Anyway, it is not sure that the emulator will be able to use faster loading, since in some cases it could screw a few things.

Couldn't there be a way of detecting this, or an option for turning off accelerated loading times or something? I dunno.
Anyways, how is progress going? I should be sending my MegaCD games off to San Lorenzo (wherever the hell that is) sometime in the next fortnight or so.
BlueboyX
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 5:35 pm

> Couldn't there be a way of detecting this, or an option for turning off accelerated loading times or something? I dunno.

I doubt you could accurately autodetect it. What would work is making a switch -cdspeedon and -cdspeedoff
If you game works with increased speed-good. If not turn the speed boost off.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!