Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Does the everdrive x7 work on the sega mark 3?

Reply to topic
Does the everdrive x7 work on the sega mark 3?
Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:31 am
I'm poking around trying to find out if the latest everdrive works on the Mark 3. I have a few Japanese games and I bought the US to Japanese converter that has Sonic on it. The 600 in 1 cart does not work at all. I've tried to research it online, and there are things about modifying the Mark 3 in order to read an older everdrive, and some everdrives had to use earlier OSes on them in order to get them to work. Well, I'm trying to find out if the widely-available Master Everdrive X7 will work with the converter I have to play on the Mark 3, and if I have to do anything else like downgrade the firmware.

Thank you.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:59 pm
I recently bought a clone (probably) everdrive with the mark III style cartridge from ebay. It also had instructions for use with a Mark III
It works flawlessly on my Japanese Master System and even comes with a micro sd card stacked with games, demos, conversions, hacks, etc..
Seems like this might be up your alley
I have an official older Master Everdrive, but it got bricked somehow. And I read about issues with the X7 on a Japanese Master System so I avoided that version
Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:14 am
D wrote
I recently bought a clone (probably) everdrive with the mark III style cartridge from ebay. It also had instructions for use with a Mark III
It works flawlessly on my Japanese Master System and even comes with a micro sd card stacked with games, demos, conversions, hacks, etc..
Seems like this might be up your alley
I have an official older Master Everdrive, but it got bricked somehow. And I read about issues with the X7 on a Japanese Master System so I avoided that version

Do you have a link to the listing, if it hasn't expired yet?

Regards

EDIT : I seem to have found it. Thank you very much for the heads up.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!