Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - #meka - anybody ever in there??

Reply to topic
The Sky Baby
#meka - anybody ever in there??
Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 5:30 pm
I've tried to use #meka on a number of irc servers and it is always empty - I was wondering which server (give address please!) any of you used so we might actauly have a chance of meeting other people in there -

I can't seem to connect to any Effnet servers - it says "(UnAuthorised Access)" - not sure if this meens I'm too far away from the server (as it says in the mIrc help file) or I'm doing somthing wrong.. and as meka.txt says to use effnet i wondered if this is why I seems to be the only one in there on the severs I connect to..

I am new to IRC so dont flame me for being an idiot..

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 7:31 pm
> I can't seem to connect to any Effnet servers - it says "(UnAuthorised Access)" - not sure if this meens I'm too far away from the server (as it says in the mIrc help file) or I'm doing somthing wrong.. and as meka.txt says to use effnet i wondered if this is why I seems to be the only one in there on the severs I connect to..

You must enable the "Identd" feature of your IRC client.
Brian
Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 7:35 pm
> I've tried to use #meka on a number of irc servers and it is always empty - I was wondering which server (give address please!) any of you used so we might actauly have a chance of meeting other people in there -

> I can't seem to connect to any Effnet servers - it says "(UnAuthorised Access)" - not sure if this meens I'm too far away from the server (as it says in the mIrc help file) or I'm doing somthing wrong.. and as meka.txt says to use effnet i wondered if this is why I seems to be the only one in there on the severs I connect to..

> I am new to IRC so dont flame me for being an idiot..

I visit the #meka on efnet in the evenings. My alias is Brain911. I use irc.mindspring.com

Some servers don't accept you if you only have an IP address:
123.456.789.123.... You must have the...something else, I forget what it is called address also:
bean@ts002d30.sal-ut.concentric.net

There were a couple of times that my ISP wasn't working right, so it didn't give me the good address... so I couldn't log in.
So it is probably your ISP's fault......

here are a couple you might try, I think they worked only when I had the IP address:
irc.prison.net
irc.idle.net

There are ALWAYS a few bots in #meka, so it is never empty...

Brian

The Sky Baby
Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 1999 11:18 am
> Some servers don't accept you if you only have an IP address:
> 123.456.789.123.... You must have the...something else, I forget what it is called address also:
> bean@ts002d30.sal-ut.concentric.net

damn - thats why I could not get in

> here are a couple you might try, I think they worked only when I had the IP address:
> irc.prison.net

- it works - yipeeedeodooo

cheers

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!