Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM packs] Tennis Ace

Reply to topic
[VGM packs] Tennis Ace
Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:25 am
So what got me into this one was hearing GST Daisuki's arrangement of one of the songs, which is totally excellent. And then I found out that part of this soundtrack is actually arranged from the System 16 arcade game Passing Shot/Center Shot, which is a sure way to get me into some good ol' VGM ripping.

Several months and various rounds of virtual tennis later, here we are. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of gameplay videos and I have to admit that I'm terrible at this game, so there's a few unknown songs that I can't verify with full certainty. If you know where any of them go, say it!

https://www.smspower.org/Music/TennisAce-SMS-FM
https://www.smspower.org/Music/TennisAce-SMS-PSG
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:08 pm

The PSG tracks are all 20% longer, was it recorded at a different speed?
Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:08 am
The PSG tracks are all 20% longer, was it recorded at a different speed?

Yes. I think that is a bit slow from original based that im familiarized with tracks. I love the music tracks in Tennis Ace.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:17 am
I guess it was not released in Japan or North America, but the Brazilian people heard it at 60Hz. It’s also likely that the composer worked at 60Hz. I don’t see any reason to have the FM version at a different speed…
Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:57 am
I guess that some composer worked in Lord of Sword too. The tone are similars BUT I dont sure, so i pure assumption. I dont know also why they dont put Passing Shot as Title for game.
Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:55 pm
Maxim wrote
I guess it was not released in Japan or North America, but the Brazilian people heard it at 60Hz. It’s also likely that the composer worked at 60Hz. I don’t see any reason to have the FM version at a different speed…

I have to admit that the reason why they're at 50hz is because sherpa's logs were at that speed, and I didn't want to relog the whole thing myself. I'll have to do that down the line I suppose, or whoever else might do that in the future...
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!