Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Dina 2 in one Bios Dump

Reply to topic
Dina 2 in one Bios Dump
Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:56 pm
Recently I came into possession of a Dina 2 in-one, it belongs to a friend that allowed me to poke and prod some since these are plagued with so many issues out of the box. The interesting thing is the custom bios which also houses a built-in game Meteoric Shower, so far I haven't found where anyone else has dumped the bios online, though I doubt I'm the first and thanks to help and advice from Revo I was able to successfully read and dump the TMM24128AP Rom. I'm pretty green when it comes to this stuff but I wanted to be able to preserve the ROM and the potential to modify its use in other z80 platforms. So thanks again to Revo for pointing me in the right direction.

I used a GQ4x4 to read and it doesn't support the 24128ap but it shares pinout with the 27c128, hence the filename.
tmm24128ap_27c128.7z (10.28 KB)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:47 pm
The BIOS of the Dina 2-in-1 or Telegames Personal Arcade or the Bit Corp. Chuang Zao Zhe 50 was dumped by the MAME team at least 15 years ago.

The filename of the BIOS is called "czz50.rom" and is 16Kb in size. You should compare your with the czz510 with an hex editor to see if it's the same or not. ;)

http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=czz50&search_id=2
Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:39 pm
Sly DC wrote
The BIOS of the Dina 2-in-1 or Telegames Personal Arcade or the Bit Corp. Chuang Zao Zhe 50 was dumped by the MAME team at least 15 years ago.

The filename of the BIOS is called "czz50.rom" and is 16Kb in size. You should compare your with the czz510 with an hex editor to see if it's the same or not. ;)

http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=czz50&search_id=2

That's interesting, I don't speak Italian and probably never would've found that site. My file is also 16kb but I had to zip it to be able to attach it, and when I read and saved the file from the chip I pulled from the console that's just how I saved it. :)
Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:38 am
Maxim, what advantages our sega universe would have with this bios dumped? More coleco conversions? Or effectively nothing?
Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:10 pm
segarule wrote
Maxim, what advantages our sega universe would have with this bios dumped? More coleco conversions? Or effectively nothing?

Dina is also an SG-1000 clone. By using this BIOS an accurate emulation of this complete system (including both SG-1000 and Colecovision modes) should be possible. Maybe MAME does it already, though? I do not know

And Meka which already emulates both SG-1000 and Colecovision could be a reasonable place to add an emulation of this 2-in-1 including support for its BIOS (unlike Colecovision or SG-1000 it plays a game even with no cartridge inserted, similar to some SMS revisions)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!