SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka resolution

Reply to topic
wonderboy
Meka resolution
Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 1999 9:13 pm
I s there any way to make the game cover the whole screen? it's a lot of black in the edges, ya know. I have resolution
320x240. I tried 160x120 but it's way too big.

The Sky Baby
Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 12:11 am
> I s there any way to make the game cover the whole screen? it's a lot of black in the edges, ya know. I have resolution
> 320x240. I tried 160x120 but it's way too big.

try to use 512x384 and enable pixel doubling..that will use the whole screen in SMS games...though it does not look as nice as normal res (how did you gfx card do 160x120????)

wonderboy
Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 8:43 pm
> > I s there any way to make the game cover the whole screen? it's a lot of black in the edges, ya know. I have resolution
> > 320x240. I tried 160x120 but it's way too big.

> try to use 512x384 and enable pixel doubling..that will use the whole screen in SMS games...though it does not look as nice as normal res (how did you gfx card do 160x120????)

how do I enable pixel doubling then?

The Sky Baby
Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 11:57 pm
> > > I s there any way to make the game cover the whole screen? it's a lot of black in the edges, ya know. I have resolution
> > > 320x240. I tried 160x120 but it's way too big.
> > try to use 512x384 and enable pixel doubling..that will use the whole screen in SMS games...though it does not look as nice as normal res (how did you gfx card do 160x120????)
> how do I enable pixel doubling then?

In the video menu or meks.cfg enable eagle (sorry forgot it was called that under meka)

wonderboy
Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 1999 12:30 am
> > > > I s there any way to make the game cover the whole screen? it's a lot of black in the edges, ya know. I have resolution
> > > > 320x240. I tried 160x120 but it's way too big.
> > > try to use 512x384 and enable pixel doubling..that will use the whole screen in SMS games...though it does not look as nice as normal res (how did you gfx card do 160x120????)
> > how do I enable pixel doubling then?

> In the video menu or meks.cfg enable eagle (sorry forgot it was called that under meka)

funny. when I have 512x384 with eagle on in fullscreen mode, and 640x480 in double fullscreen, I get the same result as before
(but with blurrier graphics)
if i change the double fullscreen mode to 320x240 I get the same result as with 160x120 in normal fullscreen
with eagle disabled.
if I cange double fullscreen to 512x384 it says that it doesn't support that resolution.
??????????

The Sky Baby
Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 1999 1:32 am
> > > > > I s there any way to make the game cover the whole screen? it's a lot of black in the edges, ya know. I have resolution
> > > > > 320x240. I tried 160x120 but it's way too big.
> > > > try to use 512x384 and enable pixel doubling..that will use the whole screen in SMS games...though it does not look as nice as normal res (how did you gfx card do 160x120????)
> > > how do I enable pixel doubling then?
> > In the video menu or meks.cfg enable eagle (sorry forgot it was called that under meka)
> funny. when I have 512x384 with eagle on in fullscreen mode, and 640x480 in double fullscreen, I get the same result as before
> (but with blurrier graphics)
> if i change the double fullscreen mode to 320x240 I get the same result as with 160x120 in normal fullscreen
> with eagle disabled.
> if I cange double fullscreen to 512x384 it says that it doesn't support that resolution.
> ??????????

er you need to get a vesa driver that can support 512x384 (ie Sci-Tec Display Doctor) if you GFX card does not support it normally.

If you still get the same results then unfortunatly you are stuck as the SMS does not use a res that most GFX cards can do so you either get loads of black spaces or the image being clipped..

It not too much trouble seeing that much black is it??

it is a bit bad with gg games though..

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!