SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Master System II stuck on alex kidd

Reply to topic
Master System II stuck on alex kidd
Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2023 5:43 pm
Hello,
Beginner here sorry if i ask anything obvious but i recently purchased a MS2 With alex Kidd included in the console. I found myself stuck with the game and can’t play anything else, i tried inserting another cartridge in but it doesn’t work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have a nice day

Again sorry if the answer is obvious.
Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:03 pm
Welcome Galérien!

If your built in Alex Kidd is playing fine all the way through it's a good sign as it suggests that many of the components of the system are working fine.

Assuming you have tried a few games which you know are definitely working, the first thing I would suspect is the cartridge slot. I'm not sure what kind of equipment you have, but with a multimeter set to continuity test mode you can do some basic checks although you will need to open the console.

Before even that, you might try some compressed air in the cartridge connector as it could simply have dust and debris blocking some of the pins. If that doesn't make a difference, you might try inserting and removing a cartridge several times since that might clean any oxidisation which could be affecting the contacts. If that doesn't work you might have to get the screwdriver out.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!