Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - The Sega 3-D Glasses, emulation, and you.

Reply to topic
Dr. Squeegee
The Sega 3-D Glasses, emulation, and you.
Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 4:07 pm
I was wondering if anyone tried running their 3D glasses in tandem with an emulator. I tried it myself with several different 3-D ROMs, but it didn't have the right effect. If you try it, make sure you have a cartridge plugged into the console (SMS or Power Base Converter) when you turn the system on, otherwise the LCD glasses won't shutter right. Would this have something to do with the VGA resolution? The refresh rate? The emulation? The drugs?

BTW Zoop, allow me to commend you on your feats here. You've almost single-handedly revived intrest in the SMS, IMHO. Great work. And clean up this board, for God's sake. :)

TOZTWO
Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 7:55 pm
> I was wondering if anyone tried running their 3D glasses in tandem with an emulator. I tried it myself with several different 3-D ROMs, but it didn't have the right effect. If you try it, make sure you have a cartridge plugged into the console (SMS or Power Base Converter) when you turn the system on, otherwise the LCD glasses won't shutter right. Would this have something to do with the VGA resolution? The refresh rate? The emulation? The drugs?

> BTW Zoop, allow me to commend you on your feats here. You've almost single-handedly revived intrest in the SMS, IMHO. Great work. And clean up this board, for God's sake. :)

When you play a 3D game on your SMS, your SMS displays one picture and lets you see with one eye, then it switches to another picture, and at the same time switches to the other eye. The reason the 3D glasses don't work when you are looking at your computer screen is because your SMS and yoour computer are not in synch.

TOZTWO

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!