SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Castle of Illusion on Game Gear not working

Reply to topic
Castle of Illusion on Game Gear not working
Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:15 pm
Hi there,

first time poster here so apologies if I should have posted elsewhere. I did a search and I couldn't find an answer to my question.

I bought a couple of Game Gears (both for £40) that weren't working and I've recapped the first one and it's now working fine. I already had a few games but the seller of the Game Gears sold me some games, one of which is Castle of Illusion. All the other games have worked apart from this one.

When I switch it on I get a flickering screen and it's often just white. I did manage to get the game itself to come on once, and I managed to play the game but then when I took the cart out and put it back in, it didn't work again. Even when the game was working the screen was still flickering which doesnt happen with any other games.

Any ideas? This is the first time I've recapped a Game Gear and the first time I've actually played any Game Gear games for about 30 years! I've opened the games up and cleaned them too.

Thanks in advance.

Kieran.
Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:22 am
Would it be a potentially interesting factor that (I believe) Castle of Illusion is a SMS Mode game?
Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:29 am
KingMike wrote
Would it be a potentially interesting factor that (I believe) Castle of Illusion is a SMS Mode game?

Good shout but I've got Prince of Persia that has SMS mode too and that works fine.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:37 pm
If you have had no results by opening and cleaning it, try to check with the multimeter if the connections of the cartridge terminals are all continuity.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!