Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - EDC similar bit for SMS and ...

Reply to topic
EDC similar bit for SMS and ...
Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:35 pm
Hi

I need your help for 2 things :

* I would like to know what is the similar of EDC bit (on MSX/COLECO I just add 0x80 to the concerning sprite color) which allow the sprite to appear pixel by pixel from the left screen side ?

* How to make a color cycle for only one (or more) color for sprite or character ?

Thanks my friends

Eric
Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:46 pm
The first could be the early clock bit, it makes all the sprites appear 8 pixels to the left of their coordinate, thus making possible for them to be partially outside on the left (but you won't be able to have them partially outside on the right). Also, this can be useless when an horizontally scrolling game hides the leftmost column, as you'll achieve the same effect from 9th pixel on the left...

To color cycle sprites you have to redefine entries in the sprite palette. Note that it will effect all the sprites using that entry.
Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:02 pm
Thx Sverx

Yes, it's ECB and not EDC. I'm begining to be too old ;)

I've found and written the correct value using 4th bit in R0 and it works even if I have "main.c:1349: info 218: z80instructionSize() failed to parse line node, assuming 999 bytes". But it's a known issue in SDCC (I still use SDCC 410)

I continue my investigations

See you and thx again :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!