Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Are they any other good RPG games for the sms besides Phantasy Star? I want to expand my collection. *nt*

Reply to topic
skotos
Are they any other good RPG games for the sms besides Phantasy Star? I want to expand my collection. *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 1999 8:02 pm
nt

The Sky Baby
Good RPG's
Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 12:28 am
try these

Y's
Golvellius
Golden Axe Warrior

and us much as I am going to be flamed for saying this play Zelda DX on the Game Boy Color for the best RPG action..

ok Ni****do sucks but this game rocks..

adam
Re: Good RPG's
Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 1:45 am
Does anyone know if any good SMS RPGs came out in Europe? We all know about Phantasy Star, Ys, Golvellius and the other US releases, but I'm wondering if there are any UK only RPGs (besides the dreadful Heroes of the Lance) for the SMS.

The Sky Baby
Re: Good RPG's
Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 3:19 am
> Does anyone know if any good SMS RPGs came out in Europe? We all know about Phantasy Star, Ys, Golvellius and the other US releases, but I'm wondering if there are any UK only RPGs (besides the dreadful Heroes of the Lance) for the SMS.

Unfortunatley not the UK/Europe SMS scene was more geared towards platformer action...

It seems Ni****do got the decent ones (Damn!) ie Final Fantasy and Zelda - there's a few good Genesis ones and quite a few GG ones but nothing else other than the previous mentioned ones for SMS...

Nearest things to it would be some of Codemasters Arcade Adventures like Fantastic Dizzy of Cosmic Spacehead but they are more platform based ala Wonder Boy 2

The Sky Baby
Doh .. I am thick
Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 3:57 am
> Does anyone know if any good SMS RPGs came out in Europe? We all know about Phantasy Star, Ys, Golvellius and the other US releases, but I'm wondering if there are any UK only RPGs (besides the dreadful Heroes of the Lance) for the SMS.

to go with my other reply...

I forgot about Ultima 4 (just read it elsewhere and rembered)

Its pretty good (don't know if it was done in US though..)

Falcon
Ultima IV
Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 4:15 am
> I forgot about Ultima 4 (just read it elsewhere and rembered)

> Its pretty good (don't know if it was done in US though..)

Ultima IV (the greatest game of all time) was released for SMS only in Europe, but is based on the American Ultima series for various computer platforms.

P-Strife
Sorry for the late flame...
Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 1999 1:33 am
> try these
> Y's
> Golvellius
> Golden Axe Warrior
> and us much as I am going to be flamed for saying this play Zelda DX on the Game Boy Color for the best RPG action..
> ok Ni****do sucks but this game rocks..

Anyway I'm not knocking you for saying the N word but rather because you point out the DX part in your phrase. Anyway you shouldn't bother suggesting that because that probably led to part of the downfall in the series, it's falling really, because who ever heard of telephones and a Mario character in a Zelda games which is supposed to act like a true to it's routes series. Anyway the DX part promotes piracy of the major sorts and at the same time Ni****do is trying to rip people off for a coloured version of a old GB classic. Also The Legend of Zelda is still the best in the series and I suggest that if you're suggesting an equal to Phantasy Star.

Let more flaming begin :)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!