Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Let's talk about Zaxxon 3D

Reply to topic
Let's talk about Zaxxon 3D
Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:41 pm
I am bad with "pseudo 3D view" shooters a la Space Harrier and Galaxy Force, but this one steals the show for being downright impossible to enjoy without glasses.

I feel like this one would have been better received if, like Maze Hunter, Missile Defence and Blade Eagle, had NOT offered a 2D option. Because the 2D option included... is completely broken.

How does the game achieve It? They just went for a visualization of the left or right field I presume?
Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:15 pm
Interesting. I have never even played another 3D game besides Missile Defense 3-D. As kids me and my brother got the deluxe power base system with gun and 3-D glasses, the Sega Master System Missle Defence 3-D Bundle [EU]
Funny how back then it never occured to us to get games that worked with the light gun or 3-d glasses. We just wanted cool games.
The game we bought were:
Sonic, but returned it and traded it in for Psycho fox, because Sonic was way too easy and it seemed like we almost completed the game on day one.
Then later we bought Golden Axe, but we didn't really liked it so we traded it in for Aerial Assualt.

Anyway long story short, I should give Zaxxon 3-D a go.
Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:57 am
I guess the main issue here Is, enemy aircraft in the first section don't just fly towards you... They spiral their way in gyruss-esque effect.

With glasses on, guessing their position and moving your craft accordingly is a relatively easy affair. Without glasses, It's a pure game of chance.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!