SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - My personal views about registering an emu

Reply to topic
Yuu MORISATO
My personal views about registering an emu
Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 1999 9:53 pm
Well, first, for those which don't want to register an emu, my only argument is that an emu is not a copy of a given piece of hardware. I would rather point it as an interpretor...
And, an interpretor is the result of a long and personal work. I think it is legitimate to ask for money for an emulator. Just look at what Sega said to Steve SNAKE about his emu; Sega even bought him the right to use it.

Now, I want to talk about why to register an emu.
I have registered many of my programs (yes, I am not dependent from the warez scene !), and what I received for it is just crap. Symantec is not able to correctly spell my name, and I can't even download the French SP2 for office 97. Wow... Glad to have spend money on their products and registered them.

And, what, I must be crazy, I registered an emu. You all know this emu, it is Meka. And, you know what ? I just received a message for the new version of Meka, a cool thing which advertised me of the new release directly on my mail.
I just had to donate some cards (one is enough to be registered ! Can't say Zoop is abusing), and I received my registering key. Very fastly.

What can I add ? I used the emu, and it was fast and acurate, even on my poor config.

And, when I read the docs (Yes, I read them !! I am definitely crazy... Or maybe all emu people are just too much lazy for doing things in the right way ?), I saw a level 8, pointing out that Zoop respect his registered users, and that he will bnever stop Meka, otherwize, a new one will continue it. Hey, I definitely don't regret having registered it.

Of course, not all authors are as cool as Zoop is, but, I wanted to point out that every works deserve a salary, even if it is an emu.

Mentski
Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 1999 10:53 pm
> Well, first, for those which don't want to register an emu, my only argument is that an emu is not a copy of a given piece of hardware. I would rather point it as an interpretor...
> And, an interpretor is the result of a long and personal work. I think it is legitimate to ask for money for an emulator. Just look at what Sega said to Steve SNAKE about his emu; Sega even bought him the right to use it.

> Now, I want to talk about why to register an emu.
> I have registered many of my programs (yes, I am not dependent from the warez scene !), and what I received for it is just crap. Symantec is not able to correctly spell my name, and I can't even download the French SP2 for office 97. Wow... Glad to have spend money on their products and registered them.

> And, what, I must be crazy, I registered an emu. You all know this emu, it is Meka. And, you know what ? I just received a message for the new version of Meka, a cool thing which advertised me of the new release directly on my mail.
> I just had to donate some cards (one is enough to be registered ! Can't say Zoop is abusing), and I received my registering key. Very fastly.

> What can I add ? I used the emu, and it was fast and acurate, even on my poor config.

> And, when I read the docs (Yes, I read them !! I am definitely crazy... Or maybe all emu people are just too much lazy for doing things in the right way ?), I saw a level 8, pointing out that Zoop respect his registered users, and that he will bnever stop Meka, otherwize, a new one will continue it. Hey, I definitely don't regret having registered it.

> Of course, not all authors are as cool as Zoop is, but, I wanted to point out that every works deserve a salary, even if it is an emu.

I Can't Agree more.

'Ski (Another Happy Registered user!)

SideWinder
Agreed...Zoop is one of a kind
Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 1999 4:29 am
> Well, first, for those which don't want to register an emu, my only argument is that an emu is not a copy of a given piece of hardware. I would rather point it as an interpretor...
> And, an interpretor is the result of a long and personal work. I think it is legitimate to ask for money for an emulator. Just look at what Sega said to Steve SNAKE about his emu; Sega even bought him the right to use it.

> Now, I want to talk about why to register an emu.
> I have registered many of my programs (yes, I am not dependent from the warez scene !), and what I received for it is just crap. Symantec is not able to correctly spell my name, and I can't even download the French SP2 for office 97. Wow... Glad to have spend money on their products and registered them.

> And, what, I must be crazy, I registered an emu. You all know this emu, it is Meka. And, you know what ? I just received a message for the new version of Meka, a cool thing which advertised me of the new release directly on my mail.
> I just had to donate some cards (one is enough to be registered ! Can't say Zoop is abusing), and I received my registering key. Very fastly.

> What can I add ? I used the emu, and it was fast and acurate, even on my poor config.

> And, when I read the docs (Yes, I read them !! I am definitely crazy... Or maybe all emu people are just too much lazy for doing things in the right way ?), I saw a level 8, pointing out that Zoop respect his registered users, and that he will bnever stop Meka, otherwize, a new one will continue it. Hey, I definitely don't regret having registered it.

> Of course, not all authors are as cool as Zoop is, but, I wanted to point out that every works deserve a salary, even if it is an emu.

I agree with most of your statements. When people work hard on an emulator they should receieve something in return. In most cases authors do it for the fame or praise for releasing an emulator and in Zoop's case he has gotten this, and he deserves it too because Meka is an awesome emulator. But he has added so much more to the SMS emulator "scene" than just his emulator and should be rewarded, 3 cheers to Zoop hehe :).

anonymous
Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 1999 6:09 pm
I haven't seen such an asskisser is my LIFE! See dudes, first of all, some emulators don't require money. Nesticle..the best NES emulator doesnt require money..see, only greedy sons of bitches make people register software. And Omar...wow...from the name like Omar, no wonder, his people have been greedy for centuries..greedy, liars and beggers!

DjOuL
Maybe you're only a racist then...
Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 1999 12:53 am
> And Omar...wow...from the name like Omar, no wonder, his people have been greedy for centuries..greedy, liars and beggers!

I wrote on this board for the first time because you upseted me.
Only because Zoop's real name is omar, you think he is a burglar and a liar ? you remind me of one person in France : Jean Marie Le Pen, a real sucker, a politic...

You suck Man, and France will always be great in emulation because France is a multiracial nation and except a few 15 % of racist people, everyone will be happy to be in front of an arabian man, or an asian man, or anyone else...

The only "race" I can't bear is RACISTS and you're so I can bear you and your fuckin' ideas...

DjOuL (A totally non racist man)

And are you posting anonymous because you are a coward ? *nt*
Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 1999 10:13 am
> I haven't seen such an asskisser is my LIFE! See dudes, first of all, some emulators don't require money. Nesticle..the best NES emulator doesnt require money..see, only greedy sons of bitches make people register software. And Omar...wow...from the name like Omar, no wonder, his people have been greedy for centuries..greedy, liars and beggers!
P-Strife
You two are correct *more*, not Anonymous
Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 1999 6:43 pm
Yeah this guy sounds very stupid, calling names, calling Nesticle the best, etc..

First of all Meka is pretty good as a unregistered emu, I wouldn't complain I consider it better then Massage.

Second Nesticle ain't the best NES emu. If you've tried them all it either third-fifth best. It simply dosn't compare to LoopyNES, FWNES, BioNES, etc...

Now as for calling Zoop names, if you've been or known of the scene for years you'd willing donate (a) cart(s) to people for dumping and such, also Zoop dosn't ask for money but rather carts BOY. And when he asks for money he asks for money he wants it so that he can buy even more carts to dump so ultimately it sounds as though he's trying to progress SMSGG emulation instaedof the other way. I'd agree with you about some authors, won't name names, who do seem like they are greedy but Zoop sure dosn't seem at all like a greedy person, think about it, money is the final alternative.

Also you sound like a newbie who wants to cause problems on the board.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!