Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Anyone seen Popoulus for SMS?

Reply to topic
Anyone seen Popoulus for SMS?
Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 1999 1:26 pm
I only remember an ad for Popoulus, it was done by TECHMAGIK I think, the same guys that did Shadow of the beast. Does anybody know if it was released and if it has been dumped?
Andre
POPULOUS!! AAAAUUURRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 1999 2:01 pm
When I had my Master System, I LOVED that game! The speech at the start was especially amusing!! Hehe!!

It was supposed to say "Welcome to Populous", but instead, it came out sound like "Worcorm to Porpipiss" ^_^

I made it VERY far - past level 5000 and the highest I got up to was JOSAME, but I stopped playing because the passwords didn't work on the higher levels so I couldn't continue :(

It's a great game, someone please dump it .. *sniff* .. I shouldn't have sold my Master System.

Wait a minute.. the SNES version of Populous is exactly the same, stuff this, I'm going to download the SNES rom.

Cya ^_^

PolarBoy
Re: Anyone seen Popoulus for SMS? ................YEEEEEEEES!!!
Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 1999 12:05 am
> I only remember an ad for Popoulus, it was done by TECHMAGIK I think, the same guys that did Shadow of the beast. Does anybody know if it was released and if it has been dumped?

Populous - a truly outstanding master system game, and I believe the best, its well ahead of the number 2 game Wonderboy 3. I sent the cart to Zoop and am also patiently awaiting the dump. I think Populous had nice gfx, playability and with over 5000 levels - great lastibility. As far as strategy games go its up there with modern stuff like Red Alert for me, because even with no 2 player mode its still the best 1 player game I have ever played. If you never got to play this game, you missed out.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!