Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - TIM worthington FM + SMS2 Pal JR + Ali express everdrive

Reply to topic
TIM worthington FM + SMS2 Pal JR + Ali express everdrive
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm
Hi, the following is my question. I have tried to install the tim worthington FM in both the SMS2 PAL and the original SMS (the SMS1, the one with the card reader and the RGB out). I use a copy of kirkz everderdrive i bought from ali express. Its not the real thing but if you search on it its this one in the picture.

I tried several games with this everdrive, but they do play the FM sound, but i notice that the soundtrack is missing beats/music. Whole parts. Another thing what could be the case is, the chip in the Tim Worthington is broken. I heared the chip is fragile and easy to break. I dont know if its true. Anyone have this issue before?

In the SMS2 i use I have installed the consoleunleashed RGB out, active version. My master system has Alex the Kid built in.

The everdrive does offcourse play the normal sound correctly.

No my questions:

1. Is the Everdrive from ali or any at all compatible with this Tim Worthington FM adapter? Or do you need to buy the real cartridges to output the FM sound correctly?

2. The SMS2 is hooked up to an consoleunleashed adapter to install the tim worthingtons FM.

Thanks in advance.
2022-08-18 154319.jpg (16.66 KB)
2022-08-18 154319.jpg

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:14 pm
Do you have an original game cartridge with FM sound that you can test to check that your FM mod is working?
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:17 pm
Sounds like a good idea. Not yet (i do have the sonic's on cartridge, but none of them have the FM sound.).

I would like to get a cartridge that is not too expensive and widely available on Ebay or another site. (in the Netherlands we use marktplaats).

Which game do you advice for testing purposes?
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:09 pm
There's a pretty good list here.

Not sure how easy it is to pick up these, but I've managed to find a fair few here in the UK for very cheap, unboxed. An iconic SMS staple like Shinobi might be a good bet, the FM sound is not too bad (if a little campy) and it's a great player too.

Some games will combine FM sound with region checking but my understanding is that if you've got the latest version of Tim Worthington's mod you should be okay on that front.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:30 pm
Thanks i saw shinobi between 5-10 euro's and double dragon for 15. When i have obtained one. I come back to add news.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!