Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Commissions? Dumping SMS to GG cartridge?

Reply to topic
Commissions? Dumping SMS to GG cartridge?
Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:44 pm
I’m new here and recently bought a Sega Game Gear as I’ve always wanted one. I’ve mainly hung out in the Comodore 64 and Atari Lynx home brew scene and I’ve commissioned people in those communities to made me custom cartridges for those systems.
It got me thinking -
Does anyone here help with making GG cartridges?
I know there are SMS to GG cartridge converters but I was thinking more of getting an SMS game dumped to a GG cartridge. Is that possible? If such a project is possible I think it would be more fun to own a one of a kind cartridge.
In particular I’d like an Alex Kidd in Miracle World Game Gear cartridge and Rygar (I completed it on Atari Lynx recently) which was a Mark III SMS game cartridge.
Again, I’m new to the community so I don’t know the tech specs or have the know how of how to do this this.
If anyone can help or give advice, please let me know.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:16 pm
Hawkangel wrote
I’m new here and recently bought a Sega Game Gear as I’ve always wanted one. I’ve mainly hung out in the Comodore 64 and Atari Lynx home brew scene and I’ve commissioned people in those communities to made me custom cartridges for those systems.
It got me thinking -
Does anyone here help with making GG cartridges?
I know there are SMS to GG cartridge converters but I was thinking more of getting an SMS game dumped to a GG cartridge. Is that possible? If such a project is possible I think it would be more fun to own a one of a kind cartridge.
In particular I’d like an Alex Kidd in Miracle World Game Gear cartridge and Rygar (I completed it on Atari Lynx recently) which was a Mark III SMS game cartridge.
Again, I’m new to the community so I don’t know the tech specs or have the know how of how to do this this.
If anyone can help or give advice, please let me know.

GG is backwards compatible with SMS, so what you're requesting is fairly trivial. In fact many SMS games were released for GG as bootlegs in Taiwan, including both games that you're interested in.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!