SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sonic 2 DX

Reply to topic
Sonic 2 DX
Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 pm
https://youtu.be/RueLbydYhE4

Sonic 2 DX is a hack I've been working on, on and off for a few years. The point of the hack is to make Sonic 2 for SMS look much nicer, and closer to Genesis quality, and get it away from its simplistic, seemingly rushed artstyle. Also, to implement stuff from the Genesis Sonic 2 protos when possible (mainly so Badniks from Sonic 1 don't get reused constantly, and so that it looks more unique).

Some Zones, like Underground Zone have restoration of prototype stuff. Others, like Sky High Zone, and Aqua Lake are pretty similar to the originals, while Green Hills and Scrambled Egg are almost total overhauls. Layouts are barely edited (with some layout edits being to make Zones a bit faster to get through for testing purposes, but will be reverted before release, but the waterfall in Aqua Lake is staying).

Note in the video, there is a wall-through in Aqua Lake Act 2, as a "dev shortcut" I forgot, hence the fiasco that ensues.

This is a WIP, so things are subject to change. I'm shooting for holiday 2022. R U UP 2 IT?[/url]
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!