SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS 2 PAL RGB mod help

Reply to topic
SMS 2 PAL RGB mod help
Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:29 pm
Hey everyone,

I did an RGB mod for my SMS 2 following a youtube tutorial but I have a problem with it. First of all I have the MB3514 chip not the sony one.
My composite cable works perfectly fine so does the audio, but the RGB output has black lines all across and the colours seem to be a little off. Black background at the beginning of games (Taz Mania for example) is blue instead of black.
I am using the RGB cable for Mega Drive 1 which works perfectly fine on the MD 1. I have not added a 75 Ohm Resistor and 220 uF capacitor to the RGB lines as the video said that the scart cable should have them inside, is that the issue or is it something else?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:32 am

Here's a guide
Keep in mind, my cable is straight through.
I may have forgotten to attenuate the TTL C sync on this video down to 75r C sync spec with a 330-470r resistor on sync line.

Yes, your cable should have the series resistors and coupling caps in the SCART head. A neater way to do this is remove RF module and use an 8pin DIN panel mount in it's place, I can get them locally but only C-type so purchased a bunch of C type Master system SCART cables (usually you want V type here)

I remove the resistors and caps and use them on NES RGB mods.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!