Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - HELP! SMS2 color using RF but black and white using RCA

Reply to topic
HELP! SMS2 color using RF but black and white using RCA
Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 pm
Hi guys i modded a Master System 2 (PAL) and did a power LED + 50/60hz switch as well as adding AV RCA sockets.
Im not really a noob as i have been modding SMS2 for some time now
So my problem is this:
When i plug my sms2 into the TV via A/V sockets the screen is black and white when in NTSC, changing to PAL the colour is blurred over the screen. If i leave it in PAL (Via switch) after awhile it sometimes comes good and i can change it back to NTSC with colour. No blurr/B&W but perfect picture.

However if i just use the RF connection to the TV it runs without any issues except the SEGA log is black and white some times but games are in colour and its perfect.

Just so people know, Ive undone the 50/60hz mod to test and same issue, I checked over 6 times my solder joints/RCA joints swaps resistors and caps on them but same issue.

The only thing i can think of is the caps are bad but any advice will help thanks.
s-l500.jpg (26.41 KB)
s-l500.jpg

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:58 am
taxman74 wrote
Hi guys i modded a Master System 2 (PAL) and did a power LED + 50/60hz switch as well as adding AV RCA sockets.
Im not really a noob as i have been modding SMS2 for some time now
So my problem is this:
When i plug my sms2 into the TV via A/V sockets the screen is black and white when in NTSC, changing to PAL the colour is blurred over the screen. If i leave it in PAL (Via switch) after awhile it sometimes comes good and i can change it back to NTSC with colour. No blurr/B&W but perfect picture.

However if i just use the RF connection to the TV it runs without any issues except the SEGA log is black and white some times but games are in colour and its perfect.

Just so people know, Ive undone the 50/60hz mod to test and same issue, I checked over 6 times my solder joints/RCA joints swaps resistors and caps on them but same issue.

The only thing i can think of is the caps are bad but any advice will help thanks.

Found out it was a faulty CXA chip.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!