Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Retrochiclana 22 & green beret with kick versions & pdf about game programming

Reply to topic
Retrochiclana 22 & green beret with kick versions & pdf about game programming
Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:52 pm
Ummmm...
(Please change this topic to other section if you think you should)

Some time ago, I was invited by retroclub members to talk about the making of green beret the remake, the session was this weekend, at retrochiclana 22, an event in the city of chiclana, in the south of Spain.

I gladly accepted the invitation and, yesterday, came to the event, tryed to finish rygar, and talked about the game.

The people who were listening, to my surprise, were people with deep knowledge, not only about the mastersystem hardware, but in general, about all the systems of that golden age. We were talking about c programming for master system (the libraries, the tools from sverx, maxim, psidium, calindro, sdcc and z88dk), how to organize the code, compile and generate roms, the treatment of assets, and some particularities of green beret or silver valley.

In short, it were a very entertaining afternoon, which I will surely repeat (at least to finish rygar like i was capable when child).

One thing I was reminded of is that I promised here in smspower to put in green beret the famous kick jump from the arcade. It took longer (and harder) than I thought but here it is. I had to change some code (the boss sprite loading in stages 2,3,4) and touch the parachute sprite.

I attach 2 versions, one with sram and one without it.

Thanks to all the members of retroclub for this activity, I'm sure that all the people who went enjoyed it like "Indians".

PD. I upload a pdf which i made for the talk, it is in spanish but if it is of utility for someone, will be happy sharing it. It features almost all aspects of game development in ansi c for master system and some code from my games. Forgive me if you see errors, I made it in one week, and wanted it to be complete, more than exact, to the thing itself.

Best regards!!!
greenberet-nosram.zip (55.06 KB)
Green beret kick edition no sram
greenberet-sram.zip (55.25 KB)
Green beret kick edition sram
doc.zip (3.39 MB)
PDF about development

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:37 pm
Awesome slides! Is there a recording of the presentation?
Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:32 am
Hello Enrique, thank you very much for sharing this new version of the game, even more faithful to the original, which was already difficult due to the high quality of the conversion. It was a pleasure to be able to enjoy your exhibition and your presence at Retro Chiclana 2022, it was a very detailed exhibition of your work. Your love for the Master System and 8-bit games shows so much! Of course we could not let such an interesting exhibition remain only for those attending the event, so it is recorded on video, which as soon as it is edited and uploaded to YouTube we will share here for the enjoyment of everyone at SMSPower!
Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:27 am
Hello everybody! I have finally been able to upload the video with the presentation that eruiz00 made to all the attendees of Retro Chiclana 2022. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:48 pm
The video is good enough, but the audio quality makes the speech hard to understand.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!