Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SG 1000 / SC 3000 EU Releases

Reply to topic
SG 1000 / SC 3000 EU Releases
Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:31 pm
Does anyone have a complete list of the European releases for the SG 1000 and SC 3000 pls? Found this (see below) under the games section but it says its incomplete. That said I can't find any lists with additional games. Thanks,

https://www.smspower.org/Games-Releases/SG-EU
Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:46 am
Still need some guidance on this if anyone knows anything about SG1000 releases
Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:20 pm
I've encuntered this:

https://www.smspower.org/forums/12241-CompleteEURSC3000Library
Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:29 pm
Really helpful. Thank you

GOREFESTOR wrote
I've encuntered this:

https://www.smspower.org/forums/12241-CompleteEURSC3000Library
Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:51 pm
Anyone have any more information on the European SG-1000 / SC-3000 set? So far I'm working on the basis there are 24 as per a post in 2010 from @anagrama

List below. Am I missing any please?

B-30 Basic Level IIIA
B-40 Basic Level IIIB
E-101 Music
G-1001 Borderline
G-1002 Safari Hunting
G-1003 N-Sub
G-1005 Champion Golf
G-1007 Congo Bongo
G-1008 Yamato
G-1009 Champion Tennis
G-1010 Star Jacker
G-1011 Champion Baseball
G-1012 Sindbad Mystery
G-1014 Golgo 13
G-1015 Orguss
G-1017 Monaco GP
G-1018 Sega Flipper
G-1019 Pop Flamer
G-1020 Pacar
G-1028 Exerion
G-1031 Lode Runner
G-1032 Safari Race
G-1033 Champion Boxing
G-1034 Champion Soccer
Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:02 pm
G-1036 Flicky
Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:42 pm
Thanks mate, appreciate that. I hadn't realised it had an EU release. So that's 25. Is there any others you know of?

Tripredacus wrote
G-1036 Flicky
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:10 pm
Technically you'd want to differentiate releases with French manuals, Italian manuals etc.

Our list is https://www.smspower.org/Games-Releases/SG-EU and we'll amend it if photo evidence is provided (photo of Flicky?).
Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:24 pm
Thanks Bock. If I ever come across one I will send you the picture of myself mate. Nearly at the end of my master system journey so wanting to continue the collecting into something new and really fancied the SG-1000 as I've just bought the console.

If you have any tips or anything I should be looking out for then I would really appreciate the advice. I'll probably focus on the European releases first and go from there. Cheers
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:24 pm
Here's a scan of Flicky, my bad:
https://www.smspower.org/Scans/Flicky-SG-EU-Front

Adding to list now.
Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:59 am
Thank you Bock. You are a legend!!

Do you know anyone else who might be able to help or offer advise on SG1000/SC3000 collecting? Or anything else you can tell me? Just really interested to learn more. There seems to be so little information out there.
Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:01 am
I think that Flicky is probably from New Zealand, later NZ releases just used "Euro" box and manual, but Grandstand cartridge (NZ had really strict import quotas until the late 80s, so Grandstand had to manufacture the SG-1000 and games in NZ. SC-3000 and non-game software seems to have been OK to import). The uploader is from NZ and used to run a NZ SC-3000 site.

Here's an Italian list of game software (including cassettes) from a January 1985 issue of a magazine. Here's one from an October 1985 issue of a different magazine listing the same games (plus educational cassettes). It doesn't seem like the Italian distributor "Melchioni" released any cartridge games after late 1984, missing Flicky and a few others.

Searching French magazines I can find references to all late releases except for Flicky. If it was released in France then there should be a "Euro" version with French Yeno sticker on the back.

The only other European country confirmed to have released the SC-3000 is Finland, but in the older thread a Finnish poster said that only the games on the Finnish SC-3000 catalogue were released, which would exclude later games such as Flicky.

I haven't seen any evidence that Flicky was released in Europe, but there were some non-European countries which should have received the Euro versions of SC-3000 games such as Egypt, Singapore, and Thailand. So maybe there is a Euro version of Flicky out there, but it would only be the same as the NZ release but with Japanese cartridge. Incidentally I've seen a Zaxxon cartridge with the Thai distributor's sticker on it, so possibly there are some slightly later games released in very small numbers in Thailand, but they may have just been Japanese versions.
Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:32 am
BBK, these magazines are so helpful. How on earth did you find these? Well doen, this is exactly what I was hoping to see. So looking at the later issue in Oct '85 there were 18 releases confirmed for sure. Perhaps looking at old magazines from France/Italy is the way to go for learn more!?

Very interesting about Flicky. So it's going to be a bone of contention as to whether it was actually an EU release or not I guess.

If you have any more details, magazines or information on SG-1000 games I would really appreciate your help but the magazine links are a great start. Thank you.

BKK wrote
I think that Flicky is probably from New Zealand, later NZ releases just used "Euro" box and manual, but Grandstand cartridge (NZ had really strict import quotas until the late 80s, so Grandstand had to manufacture the SG-1000 and games in NZ. SC-3000 and non-game software seems to have been OK to import). The uploader is from NZ and used to run a NZ SC-3000 site.

Here's an Italian list of game software (including cassettes) from a January 1985 issue of a magazine. Here's one from an October 1985 issue of a different magazine listing the same games (plus educational cassettes). It doesn't seem like the Italian distributor "Melchioni" released any cartridge games after late 1984, missing Flicky and a few others.

Searching French magazines I can find references to all late releases except for Flicky. If it was released in France then there should be a "Euro" version with French Yeno sticker on the back.

The only other European country confirmed to have released the SC-3000 is Finland, but in the older thread a Finnish poster said that only the games on the Finnish SC-3000 catalogue were released, which would exclude later games such as Flicky.

I haven't seen any evidence that Flicky was released in Europe, but there were some non-European countries which should have received the Euro versions of SC-3000 games such as Egypt, Singapore, and Thailand. So maybe there is a Euro version of Flicky out there, but it would only be the same as the NZ release but with Japanese cartridge. Incidentally I've seen a Zaxxon cartridge with the Thai distributor's sticker on it, so possibly there are some slightly later games released in very small numbers in Thailand, but they may have just been Japanese versions.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:06 pm
BKK wrote
Incidentally I've seen a Zaxxon cartridge with the Thai distributor's sticker on it,

Any reference for that? (may have missed on it)
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:19 pm
8BitBoy wrote
BBK, these magazines are so helpful. How on earth did you find these? Well doen, this is exactly what I was hoping to see. So looking at the later issue in Oct '85 there were 18 releases confirmed for sure. Perhaps looking at old magazines from France/Italy is the way to go for learn more!?

Very interesting about Flicky. So it's going to be a bone of contention as to whether it was actually an EU release or not I guess.

If you have any more details, magazines or information on SG-1000 games I would really appreciate your help but the magazine links are a great start. Thank you.

No problem, I couldn't find any contemporary game lists for France, but here's a couple of articles mentioning some of the later games;

https://archive.org/details/Micro7-19/page/n119/mode/2up?view=theater
https://archive.org/details/Micro7-23/page/n91/mode/2up?view=theater

I think the other question mark for France is Champion Baseball, I don't think I've ever seen a French version of that.
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:55 pm
Bock wrote
BKK wrote
Incidentally I've seen a Zaxxon cartridge with the Thai distributor's sticker on it,

Any reference for that? (may have missed on it)

It's just the cartridge, so impossible to tell whether it was Japanese or export version as both used the same carts then. SC-3000 was "CCIR" version, which IIRC is mentioned in the service manual as South East Asian model (should also have been sold in Singapore).
thai sc3000 13.jpg (259.8 KB)
thai sc3000 13.jpg
thai sc3000 14.jpg (281.58 KB)
thai sc3000 14.jpg
Thai SC-3000.jpg (259.05 KB)
Thai SC-3000.jpg

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:08 am
Interesting, I've just been learning about the different cardboard covers for each region which is really interesting. It turns out the version of Congo Bongo I bought is Japanese despite buying it from UK eBay. I've bought a couple more now as well from a Japanese auction site (will arrive next month) so might go for a full SG-1000 set. Probably expensive though but fun none-the-less.

I used the Sega Retro site as a reference for the different covers. Looks like the EU ones are plain with just the title at the top and the art work where as the Japanese versions have some Japanese writing under the titles. It also had some interesting Australian ones in red writing. I think they are the John Sands ones.
Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:22 pm
8BitBoy wrote
Looks like the EU ones are plain with just the title at the top and the art work where as the Japanese versions have some Japanese writing under the titles.

That would be the Japanese pronunciation of the titles. Would that still be called "furigana", even it's not next to kanji? It would have had the same purpose.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!