Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM packs] Kojiro Mikusa music: Coca Cola Kid, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Sonic Blast

Reply to topic
[VGM packs] Kojiro Mikusa music: Coca Cola Kid, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Sonic Blast
Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:33 am
I've listened to Sonic Blast's soundtrack and really like what I've heard from that, so I was surprised to learn that quite a few of his soundtracks haven't already been fully ripped.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park, on top of being the penultimate Game Gear title, also contains a selection of the sort of moody and adventure-y tunes I liked best from Sonic Blast, so it's one I naturally gravitated to.

https://www.smspower.org/Music/LostWorld-GG

Sassou Shounen Eiyuuden Coca Cola Kid, meanwhile, is one I've heard of for its sheer novelty, and with its reputation I was curious on the soundtrack of this one too. It's got nice tunes, I guess.

https://www.smspower.org/Music/CocaColaKid-GG

Many of the track titles for these came from Kojiro Mikusa's Sega Retro page by the way, as provided by member E-102. Thank you, fine sir!
Sonic Blast v1.00
Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:07 am
Last edited by marklincadet on Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Speaking of Sonic Blast: I went back to that pack and noticed a bunch of things were off, including the Ending VGM having sound effects and noticing a bunch of missing songs that don't seem to play in-game. I went back and fixed those things, bringing the pack up from v0.90 to v1.00.

https://www.smspower.org/Music/SonicBlast-SMS
Sonic Blast v1.01
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:52 am
Well, turns out one of the "unused" songs was indeed used, which I've properly named and included in the pack. I also took the opportunity to update the pack image with a screenshot from the Game Gear version, which looks much nicer with the intended colours.
Sonic Blast Version 1.02
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:29 am
...Third time's the charm?

So as various people have pointed out, most if not all of the unripped jingles I added to the pack are in fact used in-game. I was able to confirm most of these aside from the Invincibility track, although I went ahead and identified it as such in the pack anyway. I'm sure that won't come back to bite me later.

I also added the Ending track from a prototype version of the game, at the suggestion of Mastered Realm. It's got an extended intro, implying that even more of the game's cutscenes are truncated!
Sonic Blast v1.10
Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:30 pm
...Third time's the charm?

Guess not.

As pointed out by Mastered Realm (who has been guiding me on making this pack as good as it can be- you have my sincerest thanks), the Death jingle is cut off by a bit. It's caused by the game switching away right after the character falls off the screen, which is normally a bit faster than the jingle itself, but it gets a chance to fully play out when the player drowns instead.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!