SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Howdy from Northern California

Reply to topic
Howdy from Northern California
Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:59 am
Glad I found this forum!

I am an avid user of many older computer and gaming consoles and have been considering buying an SG-1000 with SK-1100 as well as an SC-3000, to enjoy learning with.

I owned an SMS back in the 80s but has been a long time since I owned a Sega. I am more into older 8bit computer platforms BUT now realizing that even Sega started moving into the computer world with the likes of the SC-3000, etc...

I must know more so happy to find this group and learn more. As I did not see any Facebook groups that are specific to these computing platforms like the SC-3000, nice to see a forum that is.

Thanks for allowing me here.
Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:36 am
Welcome onboard!
It's nice seeing a growing interest in the pre-master system SEGA hardware, especially from the US where I wonder if it was even ever sold!
Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:10 pm
Thanks for the welcome!

Nope, these Sega SC-1000 and Mark II and Mark III did not get sold in USA that I see.

So many neat Japanese models that never made it here.

I have also been exploring the Famicom Family Basic too but seems their system never became more of an actual computer versus just ways to play more games and such.

I enjoy games but looking for various ways these gaming companies tried to go from gaming only to family computing. Sega may have went a tad farther than the Famicom did, at least from what I am seeing so far.

Both neat though.

I also own the Intellivision Computer Module as here in USA, Intellivision did make this to try and make it a computer but it did not get much traction.

TJ

kamillebidan wrote
Welcome onboard!
It's nice seeing a growing interest in the pre-master system SEGA hardware, especially from the US where I wonder if it was even ever sold!
Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:55 pm
SinclairSociety wrote

I have also been exploring the Famicom Family Basic too but seems their system never became more of an actual computer versus just ways to play more games and such.

It was their plan to turn it into an actual computer for USA marketing purposes.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!