Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - (Meka) Memory Editor help

Reply to topic
(Meka) Memory Editor help
Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:49 pm
1-How do I search for values in the ROM section? For example, I know I'm looking for instances of FF FE FD FC FB in the rom. I can just hit Ctrl + F in fceux.

2-Say I wanna edit a palette, I can go under the PAL tab and see the colors in ram. I assume the values there are in that same order in the ROM, is that right?

3-How do I save my edits? Can I even do any of this or do I need a separate hex editor?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:02 pm
Meka doesn’t support any of these things. You can open the ROM in a hex editor to search and edit it.

Note also that Emulicious can do a lot of what you mention and it also has a feature to let you know the source ROM address of data like the palette.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:41 pm
Maxim wrote
Meka doesn’t support any of these things. You can open the ROM in a hex editor to search and edit it.

Note also that Emulicious can do a lot of what you mention and it also has a feature to let you know the source ROM address of data like the palette.

Thanks, I had no idea about emulicious!
Also, a "bonus" question I've been thinking about: would you happen to know any way to hack PC Engine games? The only debugger I know is mednafen (no gui) and even there the graphics seem corrupted or compressed
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!