This poll has expired.
  • Site Admin
[Hacks competition 2021] Master Adventure Island by EmuBoarding
Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:57 pm
https://www.smspower.org/Hacks/WonderBoy-SMS-MasterAdventureIsland-Mod

Wonder Boy (USA, Europe) CRC 73705c02
Hack by Lennux aka EmuBoarding
2013/2021

This Wonder Boy hack started in 2013 and thanks to Calindro and his great Emulicius I managed to do almost anything I wanted. Hope you like it.
I changed the main character, his girlfriend, some enemies, the color palettes, the characters' names, the final text and much more. Unfortunately I didn't find the graphics on the title screen so I had to adapt it as much as possible.

I decided to make 3 patches. Normal, Easy and Very Easy. The first is just the modifications leaving the difficulty of the game the same. The second the vitality bar fills up as soon as you eat something. And the third one besides the bar you don't die when you encounter animals, stones, fire and etc ... you just lose vetality.

I also put the modification that lets you choose up to stage 10 via secret code. Before, I only left it until stage nine.

Hope you like it! This is already the final version.

Thx to Calindro and Brazilian romhacker Mr Fox!
Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:17 am
Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:48 pm
This is awesome! The original Wonderboy was one of my favorite games in the arcade and direct port to the Sega Master System so for someone to hack this is really cool. Do you have any Dev diary, docs, blog on how you completed this project as I think that would be interesting? Finally, one thing I noticed is your character reverts back to the original Tom-Tom when you get the skateboard; not sure if this was intentional or just ran out of time to make consistent? Great job!
Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:24 pm
SteveProXNA wrote
This is awesome! The original Wonderboy was one of my favorite games in the arcade and direct port to the Sega Master System so for someone to hack this is really cool. Do you have any Dev diary, docs, blog on how you completed this project as I think that would be interesting? Finally, one thing I noticed is your character reverts back to the original Tom-Tom when you get the skateboard; not sure if this was intentional or just ran out of time to make consistent? Great job!

The Sk8 part did not put the NES version sprites because I found them very ugly hahaha. But I can put it. Smoothly. I will make a patch with this version. Glad you liked it. I have some things saved from how it was done. But from 2013, the year I started hacking, I have almost nothing.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 am
It's a nice idea (even thought I am partial to Wonder Boy ;)
Would be nice to finish it with the missing sprites and replace the title screen.
Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:37 am
Bock wrote
It's a nice idea (even thought I am partial to Wonder Boy ;)
Would be nice to finish it with the missing sprites and replace the title screen.

I can't find anywhere the title screen and stage's sprites =(
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!