Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Alex Kidd in Nightmare World

Reply to topic
Revo
Alex Kidd in Nightmare World
Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm
Last edited by Revo on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
I present to you a new mod made with KiddEd:

Alex Kidd in Nightmare World by pinkeye.

First demo with 5 levels, available here: https://www.smspower.org/Hacks/AlexKiddInMiracleWorld-SMS-AlexKiddInNightmareWor...

Revo
Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 pm
There was a problem with the video, I'll make a new one tomorrow.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:18 pm
I haven't played it yet, but i watched the video. Looks like a very fun game. I especially like the waterfalls, the turtles and the clown :p.

About the video. If you have an Nvidia videocard then i suggest you use Shadowplay. Or Relive if you have and AMD card. That way you can record video at 60fps.
Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:21 am
Wow! I love the gfx, very nice!
Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:30 pm
Thanks for sharing Revo, and thanks for your first impressions guys, I'm doing my best to propose something cool and good-looking.
Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:57 pm
Hi there, and happy halloween.

Alex Kidd in Nightmare World has changed a lot since I last posted here. As I learnt to use Kidded, I was able to create my own graphics rather than using what Yeti had done with AK3.

Wanna check on that ? Just download this new demo, play it, find all its secrets, and tell me what you think of it !

[/img]

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:57 pm
Sorry guys, I uploaded the wrong file yesterday. Or at least I think so. That one should be the good one. New graphics and all.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:11 pm
Super cool, will give this a try!!!
Can't wait.

Pinkeye wrote
Sorry guys, I uploaded the wrong file yesterday. Or at least I think so. That one should be the good one. New graphics and all.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:07 pm
Pinkeye wrote

Very cool! =)
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:11 pm
It's really nice! Have you been able to update it since?
Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:35 pm
Mmmmh strange, it seems that it"s not working for me :/ when i press 1 or 2 it just loops me at the title screen.

I've been patched the Alex kidd in miracle workd US EUR rom, is it the wrong one?

EDIT : Fixed! I've used the US Europe Rev1 version and it works now. I think I've found an issue, when you buy a motorbike and destroys it, it's not playing back the level music but the one from main title screen.

Very good job otherwise, it's been a while but I'm looking forward for a final version :p
Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:48 pm
Hi there,

The 4lex Kidd in Nightmare World project has been ready for a while now. Some of you have already wandered the Nightmare World thanks to the physical edition by Revo. Now it's time for me to release the rom online. https://pinkspixels.blogspot.com/2023/07/4lex-kidd-in-nightmare-world-release.html

You can download it for free, but of course, this being my work, you are not allowed to sell it.

If you want to support me and my projects to come for the Master System, you can use the donate button on my blog, but you can also order a copy of the Ultimate Guide to the Nightmare World. It's a 100-pages magazine with everything you need to know about the game, and even more, like a secret demo for my next project. Printed in color, top quality, a collector's item !https://pinkspixels.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-ultimate-guide-to-nightmare-world.html
Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:16 pm
pinkeyeFR wrote
Hi there,

The 4lex Kidd in Nightmare World project has been ready for a while now. Some of you have already wandered the Nightmare World thanks to the physical edition by Revo. Now it's time for me to release the rom online. https://pinkspixels.blogspot.com/2023/07/4lex-kidd-in-nightmare-world-release.html

You can download it for free, but of course, this being my work, you are not allowed to sell it.

If you want to support me and my projects to come for the Master System, you can use the donate button on my blog, but you can also order a copy of the Ultimate Guide to the Nightmare World. It's a 100-pages magazine with everything you need to know about the game, and even more, like a secret demo for my next project. Printed in color, top quality, a collector's item !https://pinkspixels.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-ultimate-guide-to-nightmare-world.html

I bought a copy of the game and other for a friend.
About the guide, any other languages?, I am Spanish.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:14 am
Last edited by EmuBoarding on Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
I finished the game.
Amazing hack! Congratulations Pinkeye!

alexnigh2.png (25.65 KB)
alexnigh2.png

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:07 am
law81 wrote

I bought a copy of the game and other for a friend.
About the guide, any other languages?, I am Spanish.

Hinmate, no sorry, it's basically a one man job here, and my Spanish isn't nearly as good as to propose a translation. It represents countless hours of work, and even if someone translated it, it would take me way too much time to create a third version.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:29 am
pinkeyeFR wrote
Hi there,

Thanks pinkeye.
I bought the game and have been playing it with a friend at weekends. We still haven't beat it, but it's been fun.
Now I'm only missing Alex Kidd 3 in physical format to have them all.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:51 pm
One question, the rom you publish now is the same version than physical edition or is an update?
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:17 pm
Yay that's a great new! I'll take it tonight and replace the demo one on my snes mini by this one. The demo already looks really good, I'm surprised about the quality of this hack, like Alex Kidd 3. The 2nd was ok, but I wasn't a real fan of some music but still good thou :)
About translation
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:59 pm
Hi,

If someone wants to translate the guide, you can use a free online tool called smartcat

This completely abstracts visual content, formatting etc and you only work with the text, including machine translation, and then, the platform reassembles the document as it was before with the new text.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:23 pm
law81 wrote
One question, the rom you publish now is the same version than physical edition or is an update?

There are only 128 pixels of difference between the physical edition and this one.
In level 3 there was an 8x8 pixel tile that was displayed foreground and that should have been displayed background, and in the desert level, I had misspelled my own alias with the runic alphabet you can read on the walls. So now it reads "PinkEye was here", if you've been able to decipher the alphabet, before it read PinkEyh or PinkEyg or PinkEyf.

So it's up to you. I wouldn't call that a update, I'd just say that the physical edition, with it's little defects, is a collector's item ^^
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:24 pm
bollux78 wrote
Hi,

If someone wants to translate the guide, you can use a free online tool called smartcat

This completely abstracts visual content, formatting etc and you only work with the text, including machine translation, and then, the platform reassembles the document as it was before with the new text.

Yeah, but I've worked in translation before I became a teacher, and I was told never to trust the machine ^^
Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:55 am
Hi Pinkeye, I didn't say to use machine translation, this is as computer-aided translation tool (CAT tool)

The benefit is never having to think of formatting, images etc and only on content, then it gets inserted correctly afterwards
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!