Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - land of illusion, sonic 2, asterix and ninja gaiden

Reply to topic
land of illusion, sonic 2, asterix and ninja gaiden
Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:53 am
uh, hello guys... as you can see, i'm quite a noob around here...

so, anyone have or is recording the musics of Land of Illusion and Sonic 2 (from master system, of course)?

well, if nobody is doing it, i think i'll do it... and plus, Asterix and Ninja Gaiden... well, i'll take a look here

just want to know, because, if there's already those around the net, there's no reason for me to do it

that's it, thanks
Duke

oh, btw, sorry for any english errors, because i'm not that good in english :P
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:33 am
> so, anyone have or is recording the musics of Land of Illusion and Sonic 2 (from master system, of course)?

Land of Illusion is supposed to be already in the works. Sonic 2 is not ripped as far as I know...

> well, if nobody is doing it, i think i'll do it... and plus, Asterix and Ninja Gaiden...

Please do :) I suggest you do one at a time because the requirements are quite rigorous and to be honest, it's a big job.

Maxim
Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:54 pm
> > so, anyone have or is recording the musics of Land of Illusion and Sonic 2 (from master system, of course)?

> Land of Illusion is supposed to be already in the works. Sonic 2 is not ripped as far as I know...

Hmm, didn't I rip Sonic 2 long time ago, and there were some timing problems making the rip to bad to be released. Or was it some other Sonic game? (All my old VGM work is lost due to a nasty HD Crash)
Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:34 am
err.. no problem.

i already got the Sonic 2 musics... all of them i think... (except if the last boss and the end credits with Tails have different musics... but i'll check later)

and, the only problem it's the trimming... i still didn't found a easy way to do that... those samples stuff are quite weird.. i just noticed that 44100 samples = 1 second (so, it's the rate) but, still... it's hard to find the exactly spot to trim... and them there's the loop section...

well, if there's an easier way to do it, tell me, please :P

if at least we had a VGM editor with the "timeline" of the events, and where we could select the piece we wanted to trim... wow, that would be great

anyway, uh, thanks, i'll try to get those soundtracks
Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:38 am
> Please do :) I suggest you do one at a time because the requirements are quite rigorous and to be honest, it's a big job.

uh, sorry for two posts... but, what do you mean with "the requirements are quite rigorous"?
  • Site Admin
"rigorous"
Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:41 am
> > Please do :) I suggest you do one at a time because the requirements are quite rigorous and to be honest, it's a big job.

> uh, sorry for two posts... but, what do you mean with "the requirements are quite rigorous"?

The standards for acceptance into the SMS Power VGM Archive are high. Files must be optimised, very precisely looped, fully tagged and the set must be complete. That's the idea, anyway.

Have you read this? That basically spells it out. (And should also answer your questions about editing.) It is difficult the first time you do it but you'll soon get the hang of it, I'm sure.

Maxim
  • Site Admin
By the way..
Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:18 pm
> Have you read this?

This section should be linked from the music index page, or at least made from apparent. You can do it (or I'll do it if you prefer).
Re: "rigorous"
Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:29 pm
oh really? hehe, cool... because i do that, for some sort of respect for the authors... i have some complete and full-tagget soundtracks (in mp3) from some games (in case you want to know: Comix Zone, Aero the Acro-bat, Toejam & Earl, Toejam & Earl 2, Sonic Spinball, Spot Goes to Hollywood, Zero Tolerance and Zombies Ate My neighbors, all from genesis, except the last one) that I ripped and tagged, even if i won't distribute them on the net... hehe, well, so isn't that hard for me

and thanks, i'll be trying
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!