Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Auctions thread

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:46 pm
I obtained a GG and small collection of carts from a neighbor who lived in Hong Kong while their son was GG age. The console does work, but the screen is dim (as is known to happen without upgrades). I've listed all of the games on eBay. Some have manuals, some do not. Many are the Japan releases, a few US releases and the one PAL release.

I'm willing to work with the community to get these to good homes, but I'm selling because I need the money. It's not charity. :)

The GG unit itself isn't listed yet. If anybody is interested let me know. I will work out a discount if somebody wants to buy multiple items, which will also save on shipping.

Here's a link to everything I'm selling (more than just GG stuff, but you'll find it all there):
www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=navinman&_sop=10

I'm selling from Pennsylvania, so cheap shipping is available to all US locations. I have 100% perfect ratings as an eBay buyer and seller and have been an eBay member since 2000. I am not a professional seller and just sell what I don't need anymore.

Look forward to working with all of you to get these games into good homes and make some money along the way. Thank you. :)
Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 am
Mega Man proto for game gear :

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Sega-Jeu-Gear-Mega-Man-Prototype-1-Of-A-Kind-1995-Etats-...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 am
Wow, that price is comical.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm
Insane prices aren't anything too unusual in the world of protos.

I suppose that is a standard GG dev PCB, but I'm amused by how the traces form the shape of a bird. :D
Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:48 pm
I can say from experience, one must be careful about buying prototypes.

I acquired a proto of Ms. Pacman for the GG. When I finally managed to dump the EPROM via an EPROM/EEPROM programmer I did a hex examination and compared the binary to the already existing Ms. Pacman one floating out there. The EPROM window was also exposed when I got it, which isn't really a good thing..

To my disappointment, the binaries matched exactly. What I had was not a prototype build, rather it was the final build of the game that just happened to be on a dev board. I don't know often this has happened to others, maybe my case was exceptional because my luck is just that good.

I at least got a really cool GG dev PCB out of it (SEGA 1990 171-5986B + 8KB SRAM) so it wasn't all for nothing I guess..

Moral of the story is be careful people, and don't be a sucker for price-gouging either in regard to these protos. Either wait till the price lowers (because its not selling for the insane price the seller originally wanted) or write it off as a historical loss and disregard it all together, its better off that way in my opinion.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm
> To my disappointment, the binaries matched exactly. What I had was not a prototype build, rather it was the final build of the game that just happened to be on a dev board. I don't know often this has happened to others, maybe my case was exceptional because my luck is just that good.

That's fairly common. I'm buying prototypes on a regular basis to dump here and half of them are final builds. It also helps that some games have checksums marked on EPROM so I tend to not buy them when I can calculate in advance that the visible checksum matches the final build.

That Megaman one is absolutely silly and I hope no one buys it at this price.
Very pricey Korean consoles listed on eBay
Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:07 am
Outside my budget, but I thought some of you might be interested even to see the listing photos:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Console-Samsung-Master-System-Gam-Boy-MS-Korean-SEGA-Ko...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Console-Samsung-Master-System-2-Aladdin-Boy-V1-MS-Korea...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Console-Samsung-Master-System-2-Aladdin-Boy-V2-MS-Korea...

Same seller (in France) listed additional Korean Sega items too:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sega&sid=retro-powaa
Mark III With somewhat uncommon accessories
Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:12 am
Seen on Yahoo! Japan's auction site, a Mark III with FM unit, 3D glasses adapter, RF switch, frayed paddle controller, and a game. Unknown whether any of it works.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e463586612
Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:26 am
https://www.ebay.de/itm/SEGA-Master-system-The-Sega-3D-Glasses-MK-3073-50-NUOVO-NEW-80s-vintage-LEGGI/184682218022?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here´s an italian guy who has a bunch of new 3D Glasses. What do you think about the price? I´m a bit tempted, but the price is a killer if you don´t get it for a lower price offer.
Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:08 am
I saw it several times but expensive for me. If no one buy it the price will decrease, i think...
Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:37 pm
law81 wrote
I saw it several times but expensive for me. If no one buy it the price will decrease, i think...

I thought about an offer about 200 (maybe 180 but I think he would refuse it), but it still seems to be too much for me. The used ones are going for high prices as well =/
Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:54 pm
never offer more than what you're willing to spend

and never assume an offer won't be accepted ;)
Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:05 pm
sverx wrote
never offer more than what you're willing to spend

and never assume an offer won't be accepted ;)

Wise words man, wise words :D
I will wait, like Law said. In the end, nobody really seems to be tempted enough to go with it it. It´s better to wait until the guy is dropping the price :D
Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:29 pm
Do you guys know the italian guy who sells Smurfs 2 on EvilBay, Gamestart Italy? I´ve noticed he sold the game on dec. 21 and 25, jan. 7, 8, 9, 13, 17 and 21 and feb. 1st. How many does he own? I think it´s a bit strange, so maybe someone on here knows more about this.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:17 am
I think he found a box (or boxes) with some tens of them? I think I recall something like that
Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:17 am
kusfo wrote
I think he found a box (or boxes) with some tens of them? I think I recall something like that
Yeah that makes sense. But he is selling them for so many years that I´m asking myself how many he really found and if the game is as rare as we thought.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:10 am
Gordman wrote
Do you guys know the italian guy who sells Smurfs 2 on EvilBay, Gamestart Italy? I´ve noticed he sold the game on dec. 21 and 25, jan. 7, 8, 9, 13, 17 and 21 and feb. 1st. How many does he own? I think it´s a bit strange, so maybe someone on here knows more about this.

I asked him several times and friends of mine and always says that has 3 or 4 units , liar liar liar xD
But whe you are the only one that has units of one article and in this crazy retro situation you can put high prices and you know that a collector will pay .
Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 pm
Well, it still seems that it´s not as rare as expected. A guy from Portugal has listed it for over 600 lately. Not sure if the price of the italian guy is fine, since the price range for the game lies between 250-350 maybe? He has a lot of them, that´s absolutely sure for now.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:20 pm
Gordman wrote
kusfo wrote
Yeah that makes sense. But he is selling them for so many years that I´m asking myself how many he really found and if the game is as rare as we thought.

He has loads of copies, I got a Smurfs 2 shipping box from him last year that holds 24 games

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:48 am
wolfticket wrote
He has loads of copies, I got a Smurfs 2 shipping box from him last year that holds 24 games

Wow, thank you Wolfticket! I have a feeling that many of those copies never made it into store shelves, that´s why guys like him found them somewhere^^
Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:26 pm
Also be aware that there are a lot of overpriced auctions that never actually sell. Instead, the same few items are put up again and again, at the same inflated prices, in the hope that some collector who doesn't really care about the money will bite.

There's a couple of games for various systems I keep tabs on, and their auctions almost always end without a sale, only for the seller to put up the item again immediately.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:04 pm
Kagesan wrote
Also be aware that there are a lot of overpriced auctions that never actually sell. Instead, the same few items are put up again and again, at the same inflated prices, in the hope that some collector who doesn't really care about the money will bite.

There's a couple of games for various systems I keep tabs on, and their auctions almost always end without a sale, only for the seller to put up the item again immediately.

Yeah man, hard times with Ebay. I was thinking the people don´t have much money at this time or they save it for other things, but I´m losing a lot of auctions recently against people who are willing to pay insane prices.

Let´s being said, some people should learn to not be too greedy, but some do never learn^^ So I´m choosing wisely where to buy from.
Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:19 am
Gordman wrote
Kagesan wrote

Yeah man, hard times with Ebay. I was thinking the people don´t have much money at this time or they save it for other things, but I´m losing a lot of auctions recently against people who are willing to pay insane prices.

Let´s being said, some people should learn to not be too greedy, but some do never learn^^ So I´m choosing wisely where to buy from.

Same here but I wonder what will happen when Covid is under control and people decide they either dont want their stuff, or they need the money for normal life expenditure.
Retrogaming prices has spiked so much but I've managed to get some great bargains by being patient. Things do appear to be coming up, eventually.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:31 pm
itdoesntmatter wrote

Same here but I wonder what will happen when Covid is under control and people decide they either dont want their stuff, or they need the money for normal life expenditure.
Retrogaming prices has spiked so much but I've managed to get some great bargains by being patient. Things do appear to be coming up, eventually.

I guess the day could come when most games have no value anymore, maybe that time begins after what we´e living in right now. Since I love my Master System collection so much, I don´t really care.

Yeah, it´s a hard time for collectors but being patient can be very helpful. Unfortunately some titles appear just one or two times a year and most collectors are trying to get ´em then, which makes the prices increasing again. To trade with gaming fellows seems to be a good way right now.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:23 am
Outside my price range, but there are some Korean Sega 8-Bit games and systems in this eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sega&isRefine=true&sid=westernoh5
Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:17 pm
Maybe find a friend in Korea. After all korean games are the norm there.
I did that many years ago (15 years?) for Australian/Oceanian versions.
Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:53 pm
Folks I've talked to who are in Korea say that these games are also rare and difficult to find there
Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:38 pm
If you're looking for items originally sold in Japan and need a happy antidote to auction prices you might want to take a look at Rakuten Marketplace which is now available simply through Buyee for those of us outside Japan: https://buyee.jp/rakuma/

I already ordered some items there and the prices seem quite reasonable overall (of course you still pay for all the shipping etc. but it's far less than bidding war pricing for some items.) The selection is not huge but you still might find what you're looking for...

search terms I tried included the usuals like セガ マークIII, セガ SG-1000, セガ ゲームギア but on further testing this particular search engine may also find the results when the query is Romaji rather than kana (at least for a subset of the listings.) edit: no I'm wrong, probably some exhibitors just chose to index those spellings alongside kana + kanji
My collection at live auction
Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:12 pm
Hello,
I've started collecting more than 20 years ago and this year I decided to part ways with my Master System collection.
It's going live on October 16th, you can bid online in leave orders right now below.
Edit, I can't post links but it's on Drouot dot com
Basically, everything that is good on Master System is part of my collection :)
It was time for me to let it go and I hope that it will complete some sets of true collectors !
Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:11 pm
I knew it was your collection when I saw the blister doublepacks :p

Link here:
https://www.millon.com/catalogue/vente2033-retrogaming/page2
Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:13 am
;) thanks for posting the link
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:43 am
Happy to see you are freed :)

I bought two items from your sales! Thanks!
As I've been bitten previously by HeritageAuctions being complete crooks I sort expected Drouot to be similar so I'd like to post a bit of info about them.

FYI i have to pay about +35% fees AND that's not including shipping, you HAVE to get it in their storage or use a service specialized in auctioned items that will cost you an arm and a leg. For anyone not living in Paris this makes the purchase not even viable.

I suggest future seller to be considerate that those auctions houses are costing buyers a lots of money AND probably make you lose money since they are accessible to less buyers.

Still _much less_ crook than HeritageAuctions but I'm hoping that's nearly impossible to beat (I had an item that cost me close to twice the bid amount on HA).
Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:49 pm
Interesting (yet expensive) SEGA SG-1000 Game cassette stickers.

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m26976167773
m26976167773_1.jpg (200.71 KB)
SEGA Card stickers
m26976167773_1.jpg

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!