Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Master EverDrive Question

Reply to topic
Master EverDrive Question
Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:58 am
Is the firmware updated in the cartridge itself or is it read from the sd card ?

Reason I ask is my Mark III doesn't work with the newer firmware so I need to leave it on the old firmware, however I am missing some real quality of life improvements with more modern firmwares when using my Master System.

So in a nutshell I am asking if I could have two SD cards one for my Mark III and one for my Master System and use the same EverDrive cart ?

Thanks
Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:52 am
Sut wrote
Is the firmware updated in the cartridge itself or is it read from the sd card ?

Reason I ask is my Mark III doesn't work with the newer firmware so I need to leave it on the old firmware, however I am missing some real quality of life improvements with more modern firmwares when using my Master System.

So in a nutshell I am asking if I could have two SD cards one for my Mark III and one for my Master System and use the same EverDrive cart ?

Thanks

The original/old Everdrive (non X series) flashes to its cart.
I don't know for sure about the X series but on other systems the X series does load the OS from the SD card.

Sut wrote

If its the original Everdrive then you will need to keep the OS that is compatible with both.
(The Chinese Everdrive clone counts as original Everdrive.)
Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:16 pm
Calindro wrote
If its the original Everdrive then you will need to keep the OS that is compatible with both.

Yes mine is an older EverDrive, thank you for answering my query it’s a great help 👍
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!