Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Anybody Here Needing Art For A GG Game?

Reply to topic
Anybody Here Needing Art For A GG Game?
Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:36 pm
While the title mentions Game Gear, I am, in fact, willing to at least help with the artwork for a Master System game as well. I really want to be part of the development of a retro console that uses pixel art, and I have a huge interest in the Game Gear especially.
That said, I am very much NOT a programmer, even though I would absolutely love to be, so, a team is what I would have to work with. Not that that's an issue, but it's still a thing.

If anyone is interested and/or if this is not the place to be posting stuff like this then please let me know.

I also can post some of my work if needbe. I mainly do pixel art illustrations, but I'm most definitely- as evidenced by this post -wanting to delve into making game assets, as well.
Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:14 am
Hi,

I'm kind of in the opposite boat. While my game is for the Master System rather than the Game Gear, I never did get around to polishing up the artwork.

If you're happy to lend a hand, the game I made is Snepzhen Solitaire (made for the most recent coding competition). The main thing that's completely missing is pixel-art for the "snow leopard" card, which is currently blank, other than a gray tail-nub where the numbers go on other cards. I'm also open to improved designs for the paw/claw/hoof symbols used in the game.

Here's a link to the current version:
https://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/SnepzhenSolitaire-SMS

Feel free to message me :3

Cheers,
Joppy
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!