Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Videos

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Videos
Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:02 pm
I've done a little work on adding our YouTube videos to the site:

http://www.smspower.org/Videos/

There's still plenty to work through but I've arranged it so one video can be linked to many games. for example:

http://www.smspower.org/Videos/SegaHotHitsToday

and shows up on the main game page(s) as a small thumbnail. Ideally we'd want to get all videos in their original format in a safe location, then uploaded to our SMSPower YouTube account, so we have some control over them.

Game walkthroughs, reviews and endings can be added in this way, if anyone wants to work on that. Else I'll concentrate on the commercials.
Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:39 pm
I just wanted to point out that I've been adding some 8-bit related videos on my Youtube channel (amongst other random videos, of course). If anyone thinks that any of them are interesting, be my guest and feel free to use them, I can always use some additional views :P
Just make sure to let me know which one(s) you use, because by default I protect all my videos from being embedded, so I can unprotect the ones which are embedded here.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:55 pm
So YouTube deleted our account, I think quite recently, but with no notification. All of our videos are gone. We have most videos stored offline, but we lost a lot of original stuff and competition videos. I am assuming I will get no information from Google and no way to retrieve the content.

If someone happens to have ripped a bunch of them from YouTube, please get in touch :)

I suspect we will be using multiple accounts in future to keep our original work separate from copyrighted material.
  • Site Admin
How to easily download video
Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:44 pm
FYI
Until a few months ago I was resorting to various third-party software for downloading, that's until I realized how functional and versatile Youtube-DL was:

https://youtube-dl.org/

You can use

# youtube-dl.exe <some_youtube_url>

And it's done.
But also, it magically works on: Twitter, Vimeo, Soundcloud and many others sites/urls.

It generally pick a filename from the page title but for tweets it picks the whole tweet by default as a filename which is a bit unwieldy, instead you can specify a filename.
e.g.

# youtube-dl.exe <some_twitter_url> -o output.mp4
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!