Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Batman Returns 'Master System II' Box Variant

Reply to topic
Batman Returns 'Master System II' Box Variant
Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:07 pm
Well, I hate to the bearer of bad news but a new rarity has entered the playing field.
I noticed it had been noted (http://www.smspower.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6264&highlight=batman+returns), but very little had been said/confirmed regarding it. (unless I missed another thread)

Found today in a near by game shop, the stand out spine didn't look quite right which turned out to be this upon a closer look:

No manual sadly, so I cannot confirm if it is different too.

So, time to find the Sonic 2 variant now!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:34 am
Great find Adam.
Could you provide a scan for the site?

*EDIT* Attached picture.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:14 am
I managed to get one of these recently. I bought it from someone who’s Dad had it from new, no other info other than it was from the UK, has no manual and the cart is standard.. exactly the same as Adam’s above.

Sorry for all the watermarks, I usually hate them, but I don’t want this to be used to easily run off some fakes, there has already been past problems with collectors being scammed by fake versions of the Sonic 2 smsII version.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:54 am
Amazing find ! Congrats :)
Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:56 pm
Congrats James, it´s cool to see it now =) Glad the guy finally sold it to you, it was worthwhile to go on his nerves in a friendly way :D

So Home Alone seems to be the last one of the undiscovered SMS II variants, but since the standard version is already a tricky one, the SMS II version will be a quest for our lives.

Addition: I´ve searched on google pictures and there´s a photo in bad quality showing four SMS II variants, including Home Alone and Taz-Mania. Sadly the source doesn´t work to get further information (picuki.com).
Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:05 pm
Gordman wrote
Congrats James, it´s cool to see it now =) Glad the guy finally sold it to you, it was worthwhile to go on his nerves in a friendly way :D

So Home Alone seems to be the last one of the undiscovered SMS II variants, but since the standard version is already a tricky one, the SMS II version will be a quest for our lives.

Addition: I´ve searched on google pictures and there´s a photo in bad quality showing four SMS II variants, including Home Alone and Taz-Mania. Sadly the source doesn´t work to get further information (picuki.com).

Are you suggesting then someone has found the Taz variation? I’m not sure I’m aware of that..
Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:27 pm
All I can show you is that blurry picture from google images, sadly. It shows all four MSII variants side by side.
Taz.png (576.81 KB)
Taz.png

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 pm
Gordman wrote
All I can show you is that blurry picture from google images, sadly. It shows all four MSII variants side by side.

Ah! Those are all mock ups created by ‘retrokevretro’ (a member here). I’ve actually been in that room and seen those in person, they are just for his own amusement as he likes to dabble in making covers. Here is a clearer image..

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:49 pm
james costello wrote
Gordman wrote

Ah! Those are all mock ups created by ‘retrokevretro’ (a member here). I’ve actually been in that room and seen those in person, they are just for his own amusement as he likes to dabble in making covers. Here is a clearer image..

Good to know. Damn, I was hoping that I discovered something interesting^^ But still, congrats for Batman. It feels good to see such a jewel in safe hands like yours.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!