Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS Everdrive 1+2+Right Command

Reply to topic
SMS Everdrive 1+2+Right Command
Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:26 am
hi everyone! i bought a Sega Master System Everdrive (the China version), and i used two times, till it stopped working. i searched in the internet, and i found that pressing 1+2+Right when turning on the console, make it finally work again.
anyone has any idea what does the command 1+2+right actually does? i think the china Everdrive is a hack of the Master Everdrive V1 from Krikzz (before the X series), but i can't find the manual for this version. i also added the newest OS for this version (os-v9.mso) to the microSD card, but nothing happened. do you have any idea what is the problem?
thanks!
Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:05 am
extranjero wrote
hi everyone! i bought a Sega Master System Everdrive (the China version), and i used two times, till it stopped working. i searched in the internet, and i found that pressing 1+2+Right when turning on the console, make it finally work again.
anyone has any idea what does the command 1+2+right actually does? i think the china Everdrive is a hack of the Master Everdrive V1 from Krikzz (before the X series), but i can't find the manual for this version. i also added the newest OS for this version (os-v9.mso) to the microSD card, but nothing happened. do you have any idea what is the problem?
thanks!

The combo you did is the inside reset-to.factory function. I do not have an answer for the second question, mine is working fine with os9.

Try to also read this thread, it may be useful: https://www.smspower.org/forums/17490-AdapterToUseEverdriveGGOnMasterSystem
Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 pm
asper wrote
extranjero wrote
thanks!

The combo you did is the inside reset-to.factory function. I do not have an answer for the second question, mine is working fine with os9.

Try to also read this thread, it may be useful: https://www.smspower.org/forums/17490-AdapterToUseEverdriveGGOnMasterSystem

The button combination does not cause a factory reset. It just makes the Everdrive boot the reserve OS instead of the loaded OS.

It's probably also worth pointing out that in the linked thread, specifically in the post
https://www.smspower.org/forums/17490-AdapterToUseEverdriveGGOnMasterSystem#107357 you mentioned the button combination 1+2+Up. That button combination did not work for me. For me it also was 1+2+Right. Maybe it's not the same button combination for all Everdrives.

extranjero wrote
i also added the newest OS for this version (os-v9.mso) to the microSD card, but nothing happened. do you have any idea what is the problem?

Just placing the OS onto your microSD doesn't have any effect. You need to install the OS to make it take effect. The steps on how to install the OS depend on the version of your OS. On new versions of the OS you just select the OS as game to load and it will show another message than "Start Game". On old version you have to select "Update OS" from the "Toolbox" menu.
Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:01 pm
Calindro wrote
asper wrote
extranjero wrote
thanks!

The button combination does not cause a factory reset. It just makes the Everdrive boot the reserve OS instead of the loaded OS.

It's probably also worth pointing out that in the linked thread, specifically in the post
https://www.smspower.org/forums/17490-AdapterToUseEverdriveGGOnMasterSystem#107357 you mentioned the button combination 1+2+Up. That button combination did not work for me. For me it also was 1+2+Right. Maybe it's not the same button combination for all Everdrives.

extranjero wrote
i also added the newest OS for this version (os-v9.mso) to the microSD card, but nothing happened. do you have any idea what is the problem?

Just placing the OS onto your microSD doesn't have any effect. You need to install the OS to make it take effect. The steps on how to install the OS depend on the version of your OS. On new versions of the OS you just select the OS as game to load and it will show another message than "Start Game". On old version you have to select "Update OS" from the "Toolbox" menu.

You are right, the combo loads a pre-flashed OS. For me 1+2+up was the correct combo on my game gear.
Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:07 pm
asper wrote
Calindro wrote
asper wrote
extranjero wrote
thanks!

extranjero wrote

You are right, the combo loads a pre-flashed OS. For me 1+2+up was the correct combo on my game gear.

Ah so maybe it's difference between MasterEverdrive and Everdrive GG then.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:51 am
Thank you so much asper and Calindro for your help

Calindro wrote

i'm wondering, if i install a new OS in the Everdrive, the next time i press 1 + 2 + Right when i have a problem, will it have the same reserve OS that is helping me right now? or it will be updated to the new OS that i installed? because i don't want to make a mistake, and install a reserve OS that is not the correct one.
thanks!
Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:42 am
extranjero wrote
Thank you so much asper and Calindro for your help

Calindro wrote

i'm wondering, if i install a new OS in the Everdrive, the next time i press 1 + 2 + Right when i have a problem, will it have the same reserve OS that is helping me right now? or it will be updated to the new OS that i installed? because i don't want to make a mistake, and install a reserve OS that is not the correct one.
thanks!

The reserve OS stays intact. One of its purposes is to recover from a bad OS update.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Calindro wrote

The reserve OS stays intact. One of its purposes is to recover from a bad OS update.

thank you so much Calindro! i will try to update it to see if i can fix the problem.
cheers!!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!