Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Spider-Man and Venom Separation Anxiety Genesis/Mega Drive Portable Issue

Reply to topic
Spider-Man and Venom Separation Anxiety Genesis/Mega Drive Portable Issue
Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:05 pm
So I own a Mega Drive Arcade Ultimate Portable.

I am trying to get the game Spider-Man and Venom Separation Anxiety working on this handheld but there is a problem.

The rom itself boots fine and loads up to the main menu.

However when you select 1 player or 2 player, the game just freezes forcing me to restart my handheld.

I have attempted to fix the issue myself to no avail.

What I've tried:

- Making sure the rom is a .bin file (which this handheld prefers).
- trying out different versions of the game rom.
- fixing the checksums and adjusting the rom headers and switching regions to test every option.

The game roms run completely fine on my Fusion/PicoDrive/Gens emulators on my PC, and doesn't freeze up after selecting 1 player.

I have a feeling this might require something more drastic like modifying the rom or patching it somehow so that the emulator built into my handheld can run it smoothly. I am not skilled with any of that though, or have the faintest idea how to do that.

So this is why I created this thread, maybe someone can try to patch this game so I can get this game working on this handheld?

The same thing happened with Super Bubble Bobble. I got the rom for the game and it always remained stuck on the menu and could not access the gameplay. However I did a google search and found a patched version of the rom which now loads the game perfectly on my handheld.

I cannot seem to find a patched Separation Anxiety rom anywhere, nor would there need to be one made normally since the game runs fine in most instances. Just not this time.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!