Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Master system Sales rep case (?)

Reply to topic
Master system Sales rep case (?)
Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 3:02 pm
I recently got this black Master system case and all it innards and I was wondering what it exactly is. The seller didn't know and from what I can gather it might be a sales rep case for the Benelux and France (I'm Dutch).

Also what I found odd is that the console is bolted into the case and the instructions make note of it. Could someone tell me a bit about it? Pictures of mine. The console also seems to have gotten barely any use seeing as one controller was still tied up and the console is in a practically new condition. And there is a slight pattern on the red parts of the console (almost impossible to take a picture of). Inside it is a standard VA3 board.

I have pictures but as I'm a nice member I can't post a link to imgur.

But the link ends with "gallery/wswekYF"
Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:35 am
relo999 wrote

I have pictures but as I'm a nice member I can't post a link to imgur.

But the link ends with "gallery/wswekYF"

I'm a nice member, so I'll post the link for you ;)

https://imgur.com/gallery/wswekYF
Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:02 am
Nice Pick Up! There are 2 versions of the Black case, the one you have with the system secured to the case by 4 screws and setup instructions glued to the inside and one that is lose in the case with a regular instruction manual. I believe (although I can't prove it) that the one secured to the case with instructions glued to the inside was used for rental (hence the barcode on the outside of the case) and the one that is lose in the case with a regular manual was used by employees at Sega for events such as those put on by the Official Sega Club back in the day. To back up my theory just take a look at the red Sales Reps Case, none of the units are screwed in and they all came with lose manuals and not setup instructions glued to the inside.
Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:25 am
The place I bought some issues of the Dutch SEGA Master Club magazine was the same place that had this for sale, so that makes sense.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!