Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - R-Y B-Y Y output from SC3000 VDP (TMS9929)

Reply to topic
R-Y B-Y Y output from SC3000 VDP (TMS9929)
Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:08 am
I've been googling for answers on whether I can get RGB output from my PAL SC3000h. According to this website, the TMS9929 (and apparently NOT the TMS9918) outputs R-Y B-Y Y video. I persisted and found this pdf on getting RGB out of a TMS9929-containing MSX1, so apparently it has been done. Unfortunately, neither I nor Babelfish know Finnish, so I can't tell exactly how they get RGB out of the R-Y B-Y Y pins. Would I need to get a converter (there is mention in some links Google gets me), or is this more straightforward?

Mike
Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:16 pm
The circuit is a simple one that converts R-Y B-Y to RGB. There looks to be enough information to build the circuit, even etch the PCB, and it also lists the pins from the VDP.

I believe that there are single I.C. that do the same job though. Have you tried searching on converting VGA to TV? These sort of sites have a lot of information on various video converter circuits.

a s.
Mike
Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:46 pm
> The circuit is a simple one that converts R-Y B-Y to RGB. There looks to be enough information to build the circuit, even etch the PCB, and it also lists the pins from the VDP.

> I believe that there are single I.C. that do the same job though. Have you tried searching on converting VGA to TV? These sort of sites have a lot of information on various video converter circuits.

> a s.

Well, now I feel silly. I didn't even look at the schematic! I guess it isn't too hard at all, but I am going to try to find a single IC. Now that I know all of the other things most people call R-Y B-Y Y.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!