Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Game Gear to Master System hacks

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:08 am
Incredible work by everyone. I'm like 2+ years behind on these so I have 110 games to patch now. SHEESH!
Simple request
Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:46 am
I was wondering if anyone could remap the X-Men GG2SMS controls so that it could use the MD start button or both 1+2 like Mojo World at the very least.
Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:57 am
Trickle wrote
I was wondering if anyone could remap the X-Men GG2SMS controls so that it could use the MD start button or both 1+2 like Mojo World at the very least.

That's my speciality. I'll have a look tomorrow.
Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:51 pm
X-Men done. This ended up being a bit harder than I expected, because the pad gets read using three different routines in two different banks. For that reason, I haven't done anything fancy like pause button support or making the game playable without a start button/second pad. 1+2 button as start doesn't make much sense, since you can attack and jump at the same time. Pause button support would really only help people with Mega SGs or modded consoles, but I *may* have a look at that some other time, as well as cloning start to the A button.

Find the latest patch on the wiki.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:00 am
Wafer wrote
X-Men done. This ended up being a bit harder than I expected, because the pad gets read using three different routines in two different banks. For that reason, I haven't done anything fancy like pause button support or making the game playable without a start button/second pad. 1+2 button as start doesn't make much sense, since you can attack and jump at the same time. Pause button support would really only help people with Mega SGs or modded consoles, but I *may* have a look at that some other time, as well as cloning start to the A button.

Find the latest patch on the wiki.

Thank you so much! That makes it a heck of a lot easier than pressing down on the 2nd controller. Yeah, the 1+2 for start/special is annoying in Mojo World, I just really wanted to play this game again =P

Mapping the A button would be a neat idea!
Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:45 pm
Last edited by BcnAbel76 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
GODZILLA: MONSTERS ATTACK (Godzilla: Kaijuu Daishingeki)

A non-official fan translation to English was released on March 10, 2019, (last version release)

Credits Game Gear Version:
(TheMajinZenk,Translation)
(Supper, Hacking)
(cccmar, Script Editing/Revision)

- Megadrive / Genesis controller required, buttons START, B and C
- Apply patch to original japanese version
- Rom now is 1Mbyte and SRam is required to store data
- Enjoy it

Conversion GG2SMS by BcnAbel76

Now, I patched game and I made conversion from Game Gear to Master Sytem

Game looks great

In a few days I upload patch, now testing rom in real hardware..
Already upldoad!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 am
Hi BcnAbel76 thank you for your work with these hacks. I believe it is another way to improve our Sega Master System's games library, and I really love it.

I guess there are a lot of Game Gear games waiting for being hack, but I would like to ask you about GP Rider. It is not the same game as the SMS game, it is different and all I know is that the GG version is better than the SMS one.

Thank you!.
Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:21 pm
@BcnAbel76 looks amazing, Thanks !!!
Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:41 pm
Yes, that looks really nice!
Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:58 pm
Last edited by BcnAbel76 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thankyou guys

Aranya, GP Rider (Game Gear) was not easy to convert but it is already done

GP RIDER (Game Gear) V1.0

- Apply patch GP Rider (U) [!] version
- Megadrive / Genesis controller required, buttons START, B and C
- Enjoy it

Conversion by BcnAbel76
GP Rider GG1.png (3.31 KB)
GP Rider GG1.png
GP Rider GG2.png (1.63 KB)
GP Rider GG2.png
GP Rider GG3.png (3.65 KB)
GP Rider GG3.png

Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:44 pm
Wow!, I never thought you will make it as fast as you did. It looks so great!!,

I am pleased to see how fast and how the pictures look like.

I guess there are some games where converting into sms format is more difficult than others

With this particular game, I always thought that the sms version with the slitted screen was a bad decision, and some years ago I realised how the gg version was, then I thought it might be the ultimate version of the game.

Thank you a lot for your work and effort, I will try it when you released it.
Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:49 pm
GP Rider and Godzilla patches uploaded.

Go to message with pictures to download it.

Thanks are wellcome
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:32 pm
These are excellent!

Thanks so much!
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:43 pm
BcnAbel76 wrote
GP Rider and Godzilla patches uploaded.

Go to message with pictures to download it.

Thanks are wellcome

Hi BcnAbel76, I have just tried GP Rider on both Master System 2 Pal with Megadrive 2 controller and Megadrive 2 PAL with Megadrive 2 controller, and as I have my Megadrive 2 with region and hz mod, I tried both 50 and 60 hz.

It works great!, and the game is awesome, I guess this should be the SMS version, I don't know why the sms version is far worse than the GG version, I can't understand it. I played for around twenty minutes and I wanted to play more, what a good game.

I really appreciate your effort.

Thank you!.
MS2.jpg (302.66 KB)
Master System 2 PAL
MS2.jpg
MD250hz.jpg (351.33 KB)
Megadrive 2 50hz
MD250hz.jpg
MD260hz.jpg (354.73 KB)
Megadrive 2 60 hz
MD260hz.jpg

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:14 pm
Hats off to you, BcnAbel76! I just had a quick look at the GP Rider assembly to see if I could add pause button support, but it doesn't even look as though it's storing the controller state in memory (unless I missed something), and it's reading the controls in like a billion different routines, so my usual method is no use here.
Revo
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:58 pm
Good job! Too bad that a Megadrive controller is required, in my sense it's not really a GG2SMS conversion 'cause I'll never use a Megadrive controller on Master System.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:18 pm
Don't say I never gave you anything.

GP RIDER (Game Gear) V1.1

- Updated to allow play with one MD pad or two SMS pads. Down on controller 2 is start.

GODZILLA: MONSTERS ATTACK (Godzilla: Kaijuu Daishingeki) V1.1

- Updated to allow play with one MD/Saturn pad or 1-2 SMS pads. Down on controller 2 or pause is start.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:28 pm
BTW, @BcnAbel76, here's a drop-in replacement for your start button code that
- Will still work properly if an SMS pad is connected, minus the start button support of course
- Will allow pad 2 down as start

It does use an extra register, so if that's being used you need to push/pop it on the stack. It was convenient with GP Rider, because I just moved the existing pop after the call.

Also, it's a bit larger. I've included SMSPad_alt which is a version of the SMSPad routine that I haven't tested, but seems like it should work and I'd guess would be shorter.

MDPad:
    ld a, $0D
    out (Port_IOPortControl), a
    in a, (Port_IOPort1)
    and $C
    jr nz, SMSPad
    ld a, $0D
    in a, (Port_IOPort1)
    rlca
    rlca
Cleanup:
    and $80
    ld d,a
    ld a, $2D
    ld a,d
    ret

SMSPad:
    ld a, $2D
    in a, (Port_IOPort1)
    and $80
    ret

SMSPad_alt:
    in a, (Port_IOPort1)
    jr Cleanup

Also, I'm happy to add these hacks to the wiki, but I wanted to get your "okay" before I did it, specifically for the Godzilla one, since it's a hack-of-a-hack.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:22 am
Thankyou guys for your comments :)

Aranya great pictures!
Wafer thanks for this code
I know it Revo, but in certain cases its use is justified by lack of buttons in the same controller

Wafer you can upload it to wiki, hacks have been improved, remember upload all versions

A bit offtopic with this question with pads in GG2SMS, in my opinion of course:

Where to map "START Button"????

. Really I prefer play games with original MS Pad
- Some games use it to start game and ingame for pause, then better is map "1" to start and "PAUSE Button" to pause
- Other games rpg style use "START Button" ingame to access MENU Options, and can not map it to "1"+"2" because it interferes with game actions, then better is add Megadrive Pad and use extra buttons
- Make games compatible with 3 pad types is hacker/coder/rom space decision
- Some games get correct palette conversion is coding hardest

Finally we get more library for MS, enjoy it
Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:48 am
BcnAbel76 wrote
Thankyou guys for your comments :)

Wafer you can upload it to wiki, hacks have been improved, remember upload all versions

No worries, I should get to it tomorrow.

BcnAbel76 wrote
Where to map "START Button"????

. Really I prefer play games with original MS Pad
- Some games use it to start game and ingame for pause, then better is map "1" to start and "PAUSE Button" to pause
- Other games rpg style use "START Button" ingame to access MENU Options, and can not map it to "1"+"2" because it interferes with game actions, then better is add Megadrive Pad and use extra buttons
- Make games compatible with 3 pad types is hacker/coder/rom space decision

For my part, I think that what TheNameOfTheGame said a couple pages back makes most sense: wherever possible, support as many inputs as possible. For instance:

- Japanese consoles can't support the MD/Saturn pad at all, so supporting the pause button, a second controller and/or remapping to SMS face buttons are the only options here.
- SMS++ mod chip intercepts MD pads and represents them as SMS pads. So MD/Saturn pad isn't an option here either.
- MegaSG binds start button to pause function unless pass-through mode is enabled, so supporting the pause button as start function is always ideal. Same goes for the Game Gear, if you wanted to play your GG2SMS hack on GG :D
- Button 1 on the SMS is literally labeled "Start", so ideally it should work as intended whenever the screen says "PRESS START".
- If the original controller reading routine is in the first slot, you can often put a larger controller routine in by extending the ROM with new banks.
- Some people won't have or want to use MD pads.
- I like Saturn pads :)

But on the other hand:

- ROM space/complexity considerations. Particularly, adding pause button support requires having memory to spare, or being able to put a latch on bit 6 of the controller state memory.
- If start opens a menu or does something other than pause eg. in an RPG, then binding that to the pause button only really helps people with modded consoles / MegaSG / GG2SMS-on-GG.
- Some games (Batman Ffffffforever) use the start button as an action button, and even require that you hold it in. Pause button support doesn't make much sense for that action. For Batman Forever, I even shifted the Start function over to the MD A button, and used Start to input the combo that pauses the game.
- Games that poll the controller more than once a frame can play havoc with 6-button pads outside of compatibility mode (not a problem for Saturn pads, though!)

Lots of things to consider, but in time I believe most games can approach a near-native experience.

Edit: How about this, though: we could support EVEN MORE controllers. From a hardware perspective, on export consoles, there's nothing stopping you from using the Mega Mouse, the Saturn analogue pad, or the Saturn wheel(!) except for the plug on the cable.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:21 pm
Didn't get round to it yesterday, but both hacks are now up on the wiki.

@BcnAbel76 do you have any other hacks or updates that aren't on the wiki yet, without me going back over the entire discussion and hunting them down?

@Maxim sorry if there are some random files floating around on the server, it took me a while to figure out the interface so I think some files got uploaded into the ether.
Revo
Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:15 pm
There is a lot of missing GG2SMS hack on the wiki, and some need update. Good luck Wafer, I tried to kept the wiki up to date 2 or 3 years ago, but I got sick of it.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:33 pm
Last edited by BcnAbel76 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Yes there are a lot of GG2SMS hacks were not updated, but I don't remember all, it is needed list by last date, then go to this post and update it

I think only competitions GG2SMS hacks were updated in past
Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:05 am
CRYSTAL WARRIORS V1,1

- Fixed problems in palette conversion, now all is ok
- Updated controller code, now Megadrive or MS pads are detected, START, B, C for MD pad, or 2P(Down Arrow), 1P (1, 2 ) for MS pad

Conversion by BcnAbel76

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:21 am
Another one cool game to convert could be MAGICAL TARURUUTO-KUN, it's shoot em up with japanese style.
Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:34 pm
Well, that's awkward. I already posted Crystal Warriors 1.1, but it wasn't on the wiki so it's no big deal. The latest version is certainly superior.

@BcnAbel76 We need to stop using the same version numbers! :D Going forward I'll be incrementing version numbers by 0.01 when I'm just doing control hacks.

Crystal Warriors 1.1 is now up on the wiki, along with 1.11 which combines the updates from my 1.1 with the updates from Bcn's 1.1. So basically, it has support for the Pause button for hacked consoles / Mega SG, and Saturn pads for idiots like me.

I spent a couple of hours(!) trawling through the thread earlier today and found the following hacks/updates not already in the wiki:

Buster Ball
Royal Stone
Defenders of Oasis
Magical Puzzle Popils
Sonic Triple Trouble - 1.2
Shining Force II
Off The Wall
Megami Tensei Gaiden - Last Bible Special 0.6
Nazo Puyo 2 0.99
Micro Machines 2 0.8
Aleste?
Power Rangers The Movie 0.61
Moldorian
Magic Knight Rayearth 1.1

Also there are a few of my updates that aren't up there yet, and there's a version of Defenders of Oasis I put up that has a version conflict with Bcn's. I'll be working through these over the next few days to get them all updated. If you know of anything missing from the list, speak up now!

Fellow hackers: going forward, PM me if you don't think you'll get round to updating the wiki and I'll try to get round to it.

@Maxim Any chance we could get graphics for MD buttons in the wiki? Also it would help a lot to have a "hack" template link on the entries for games.
Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:07 pm
Yes Wafer, I updated to Crystal Warriors 1.1 because it is a major update, fixing game colors, not only adding controller functions

Wafer ! Thankyou very much for update wiki ! ;)

I see from page 16-21 it is not updated to wiki

Defenders of Oasis 1.2, this is changelog:

- Before versions was writting to fast VDP registers and makes game has graphical and palette conversion issues in Master System real hardware, not in Megadrive. (Thanks Calindro ;) )
- Redone palette conversion and restoring some necessary old code
- Now game works 100% in MASTER SYSTEM real hardware
- Start is now, with master system pad, push twice button "2", with megadrive pad, push Start button. (GREAT GAMEPLAY!!!!)
- Removed Start mapped to Pause Button, worst gameplay
- Swap Stereo effects port to PSG

Defenders Of Oasis V1.21 GG2SMS
- Fixed Master Everdrive compability. (Credits go to Calindro, he detected checksum is generating everdrive error)

I think most important is VDP errors fix, you can compare two versions. I download now 1.1 and take a look to this error

Differences are substantial, some game points palette is not working correct in kingofcrusher-Revo version, in my version it is ok

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:02 am
@Wafer I would like to thank you for your trawling time, because with your effort we will have an updated wiki with all hacks.

@BcnAbel76 awesome captures!!. It is incredible how substantial the differences are

Thank you both for your work increasing the SMS games library.
Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:57 pm
All of my updates are now on the wiki, and I've replaced my DoO update with Bcn's. Will have a look at the other updates later tonight. IIRC one of the Sonic Drift pages has a bad patch on it too (something like a Sonic Drift 2 patch that was incorrectly based on Sonic Drift 1), that'll need fixing too.

@Aranya I appreciate it.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:15 pm
Indeed, thanks for all who help maintain this stuff - having it on the wiki makes it a bit more organised than forum threads. I'm not following this area closely.
Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:53 pm
The wiki's all caught up, with some caveats.

I wasn't sure about Off the Wall since it's a proto and doesn't have a game page. I've left that one be.

@BcnAbel76 The version of Power Rangers The Movie on the forum is 0.61 and the one on the wiki is 0.6, but they both have the same date. Are these the same version, or do I need to upload 0.61?

@Revo For the love of Sega, please upload .ips patches going forward. You're by far the most prolific GG2SMS hacker, which demands respect, but producing .ips file for your hacks represents a serious workload. It takes only seconds to generate one with the original ROM to hand, but by not doing so, you put the onus of sourcing the original ROM on to the person packaging the hack for the wiki.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm
BPS patches would be nice too.

Off the Wall does have a page: https://www.smspower.org/Games/OffTheWall-GG
Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:31 pm
Hello!

@Wafer, yes, when you can update to wiki Power Rangers The Movie to 0.61, this is changelog:

- Added Substage "2" in EXTRA OPTIONS, you need to press "Left" to switch 1-2, it is adding 6 stages for playing in VS
- Left Column Blank now is always active, (some intros was disabling it in 0.6 and lower version)
- Best ! Garbabe in game play is off !!! Borders now are blanked and no corrupted tiles appears

Thanks for updating
Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:15 am
Hi guys, one idea , is it possible to replace start/pause with long time pressing buttons?
Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:31 pm
law81 wrote
Hi guys, one idea , is it possible to replace start/pause with long time pressing buttons?

It's certainly possible, but it depends on the game and how much we're willing to disassemble. You can't do it in a stateless fashion, you'd need at least a few bits of unused memory. By comparison, supporting the pause button requires only one bit, which can generally be found in the controller state byte (7 buttons in one byte leaves exactly one bit spare to use as a latch for pause, so long as you read it during the controller routine before it gets overwritten). The MD pad doesn't require any memory beyond what would normally be used on the GG.

Also, it's not a universal approach like the second controller/MD pad is. You couldn't use it, for instance, in GP Rider. Batman Forever crams so many functions into the Game Gear control map that it actually made sense to use every button on the MD pad to improve playability, and cramming most of it down into the SMS pad took some ingenuity on the part of TheNameOfTheGame. BcnAbel76 and I basically have working routines that, with a few tweaks, can be used for almost any game.

Really, the MD pad is the only universal solution. It puts all the buttons on one controller and allows any of them to be held down. No other solution achieves that. The pause button even fails both of those criteria, because holding it down only triggers the input once, but it's still good enough for most games.

Part of the problem is that, for the period it was popular, the GG had a tragically low button count. The Game Boy and NES had been offering 4+4 inputs for years, as did the MD, and the SNES and MD 6-button added ANOTHER 4 inputs. So developers were, in some cases, already using some of the tricks that we could use to reduce the input count.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:04 am
law81 wrote

From what I had seen, that has not really worked out.
As I understand, that what was used on the PCE-CD port of Street Fighter I (Fighting Street) to replace the original pressure-sensitive buttons but didn't work well (forcing the devs to create the six-button fighting layout we know).

I recall the canceled NES port of Blockout had to do some odd thing to get around the needed third action button and it caused a poor-feeling control scheme. (compared to the released Genesis version which had the needed buttons)
Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:14 pm
Last edited by BcnAbel76 on Sun May 03, 2020 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
RISTAR The Shooting Star V1.5

- Set game to fit Master System Resolution, now game looks like MS normal game
- HUD moved to up-left corner (needed causing problems if game was paused, now it is ok)
- Fixed problems with new enemies, palette colors do not match
- Moved intro sequences, 1 to 5 round, 6 is centered by game action
- Removed restriction enemies and platforms dissapears outside Game Gear resolution, now game looks great!

Probably you don't know:
- Game is set to Japanese because in EU/USA mode Round 2-1 is stripped and you play direct to Round 2-2
- Passwords lets you continue game after Game Over screen, if you do not continue and you stay in Round 2 to 6
- "Hard Game" mode is hidden with password (Unknown password)
- "Read Document" is hidden with password (Unknown password)

Conversion by BcnAbel76
ristar104-1.png (3.14 KB)
ristar104-1.png
RISTAR114-3.png (3.94 KB)
RISTAR114-3.png
ristar104.png (6.52 KB)
ristar104.png
RISTAR114-6.png (6.21 KB)
RISTAR114-6.png
RISTAR114-2.png (2.68 KB)
RISTAR114-2.png
RISTAR114-4.png (4.76 KB)
RISTAR114-4.png
RISTAR114-5.png (6.02 KB)
RISTAR114-5.png

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:26 pm
Wow, that's a top notch conversion! Good job and thanks so much!
Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:32 pm
@BcnAbel76 , I will try it for sure, that pictures are incredible!!.

Thank you for your effort trying to get the perfect conversion.
Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Yes, this is a game I really like. :)

Question: How do I set it back to USA mode? Is there a location in the rom to patch?
Revo
Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 pm
Very nice thank you! I hope you'll give a try again with Arena Maze of Death ;)

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:39 pm
@TheNameOfTheGame,
I can create a new patch to EU/USA but why dou you want strip a level this game????
You must see into original rom, Start Button input $DB$00 and continues with AND $40, $E6$40, easy way is LD a, $40 AND $40 ($3E$40$E6$40) locate those address and replace NOP NOP with this code,after recalculate checksum
If you want I can upload

@Revo, I take a look, it is very caotic, but very nice to see it in full screen.

I don't find way to up all sprites a bit pixels, anybody has any idea to do that?'??

Examples all sprites need to move IY $30 to IY $60

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 pm
BcnAbel76 wrote
dudududufhfh advance to find link about GG2SMS English conversion Last Bible

http://www.smspower.org/forums/14742-GameGearToMasterSystemHacks?start=850

The quoted post is about Last Bible: Special which is a different game (and genre) from Last Bible.

As far as I know, there is no conversion patch for Megami Tensai: Last Bible
Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:52 pm
dudududufhfh wrote
BcnAbel76 wrote
dudududufhfh advance to find link about GG2SMS English conversion Last Bible

http://www.smspower.org/forums/14742-GameGearToMasterSystemHacks?start=850

The quoted post is about Last Bible: Special which is a different game (and genre) from Last Bible.

As far as I know, there is no conversion patch for Megami Tensai: Last Bible

You are right. It is my mistake.

But now, yes, for now testing...

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:38 pm
The translation for Eternal Legend came out, but it seems that the GG2SMS (v1.1) patch here is incompatible.
"Shining Force Gaiden - Final Conflict" does not run with the Mega Everdrive X7 on a real Genesis
Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:52 pm
Last edited by YakJoe93 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
***EDIT*** It works on a Mega Everdrive Pro 2021.

@BcnAbel76 Thank you for your awesome work and adding a whole new library to my Genesis console.

"Shining Force Gaiden - Final Conflict" does not run with the Mega Everdrive X7 on a real Genesis console. I've tried patching the Japanese and English patched version, and also using both SMS Conversion patches separately (JPN & ENG). I only get a black screen.

Running the unmodified game gear rom works, but as expected, the game does not look right (being an unmodifed GG rom).

Not sure what the issue could be. Other SMS Conversions work (Tails Adventure, Sky Patrol, Lunar Magic School, etc). Can someone please take a look, I can test if necessary.
Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:42 am
Hi guys, maybe it would be nice to have Batman Returns Game Gear version on the SMS. It is not the same game, the GG version has a life bar and it is focused more on fighting rather than plataforming. It has more weapons, etc, etc.

https://segaretro.org/Batman_Returns_(Game_Gear)/Comparisons

Thank You!!
Revo
Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:26 pm
Page update done for: Ristar, Power Rangers Movies, Micro Machines 2, Streets of Rage 2.

Page added for: Off The Wall.

Revo
Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:28 pm
Page added for Psychic World, the GG2SMS Hack section is now up to date for the first time in years

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:21 pm
Maybe I should reveal it now...

I had a look myself at how to convert Game Gear games to run on Master System and actually discovered all it needed was a few very simple modifications to the code. So instead I thought I could build a hardware device making those patches on the fly, and here was born the Gear Master©.

This had always been a dream of mine since childhood.

Of course I know some will argue it's not perfect:
- it simply drops the 2 least significant bits of each colour, which could be an issue in puzzle games using close colours (e.g. light red and orange)
- some games display "glitched" graphics in the area usually not visible in Game Gear mode (reduced resolution)

Now you understand why it's so important for me to source Game Gear cartridge slots (estimated ~1000 units will be produced, maybe more if demand is there).
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!