Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - I´m new here .. Hello from Dublin

Reply to topic
I´m new here .. Hello from Dublin
Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:37 pm
Hey guys, just want to say "Hello" from Dublin. I´m playing video games since around 30 years ... sometimes more, sometimes less, sometimes not for years :D
Usually I´m more a Atari-boy (the Jaguar is my all-time favourte console, even if I know, that the system shows rarely what it is able to deliver ; like the Lynx too ... more than the GameGear ... sorry ;) ), with some visits to the more weird and exotic systems like Pippin or CDTV and CD32.
When it comes to the 8bit systems I was long time closer to Ni****do and the NES (even if I sold all my NES stuff years ago ... but the Mini is a great alternative) or the Turbo Duo (one of the best consoles ever imo). But the MS attracted me since I was a kid. Not soo much the games, I found Mario always better playable than Alex Kidd, and the controllers of the NES are simply awesome, but the design of the MS1 ... wohoo ... that thing looked like a spaceship for me. Later I bought a MS (and MD, MCD, 32X ... all sold afterwards), but couldn´t find a connection ... so I sold it again. Few months ago I gave it another try, bought a MS1 and this time the "right" games ... and see what happens ... I like it now :D
Never expected that the MS is such a nice system, if the right card is in the slot.
I don´t plan to go for a full collection ... I´m to old for that, space is limited and have more and expensive hobbies (mostly biking), but will build up a bit my small collection now.
Glad to see, that there´s a active community ... hope for some good chats here. Cheers, Thomas.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:06 pm
Hello evisu, Great you joined one of best sites for sega 8 bits consoles, you'll find interesting topics here, I remember I was playing the N console before I discovered the Master System in the beginning (after the Dreamcast was released) now I played more games for the Master System than the N console, while that console looks a lot outdated the Master System still looks fantastic for these days with their colourful games.

There was a 8 bits style game of Bayonetta on Steam and It seems there would be a SMS's version of Cuphead, by mentioning some modern games related to the SMS, enjoy your stay here.
Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:39 pm
Welcome Evisu!! :-)
Ferchules do you have any new info about Cuphead for the SMS, except the topic here on the forums??
Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:06 pm
Thanks guys. Took yesterday the chance to play a bit of Ghouls´n Ghosts and Master of Darkness. G´n G is surprisingly good playable and appears to me bit easier than other versions I played (what´s appreciated ... too old for hours of try&error). MoD appears like a Castlevania clone, what´s not the worst thing ... especially because Castlevania is my most favourite game series ever. But even here ... very good playable, nice and big sprites, no weird "jumpback" after your sprite got hit. Exciting, to find the gems of an so far quite unknown library :D
Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:18 am
Estelios wrote
Welcome Evisu!! :-)
Ferchules do you have any new info about Cuphead for the SMS, except the topic here on the forums??

Sadly no, I know what everyone know here, Cuphead is a succesful game and that is maybe a reason to be recreated for the SMS, I see a business opportunity for Sega to promote that game having in mind a hyphotetical SMS mini including a hyphotetical Cuphead too (impossible dream though).
Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:30 am
evisu wrote
Thanks guys. Took yesterday the chance to play a bit of Ghouls´n Ghosts and Master of Darkness. G´n G is surprisingly good playable and appears to me bit easier than other versions I played (what´s appreciated ... too old for hours of try&error). MoD appears like a Castlevania clone, what´s not the worst thing ... especially because Castlevania is my most favourite game series ever. But even here ... very good playable, nice and big sprites, no weird "jumpback" after your sprite got hit. Exciting, to find the gems of an so far quite unknown library :D

I know what you mean, those games are very funny, you can consider Rastan Saga a competitor to Castlevania II, because the day becomes night and more bugs appear around, and Lord of the Sword is similar to Castlevania II as well.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:17 am
FeRcHuLeS wrote
evisu wrote

I know what you mean, those games are very funny, you can consider Rastan Saga a competitor to Castlevania II, because the day becomes night and more bugs appear around, and Lord of the Sword is similar to Castlevania II as well.

Just checked out Rastan on Youtube ... yeah, guess this is something for the "Looking for" list. Lord of the Sword ... well ... probably later :D
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!