Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - for Maxim - the last four levels of The Ninja

Reply to topic
Mecha Kawaii
for Maxim - the last four levels of The Ninja
Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:52 pm
Hey Maxim,

Sorry it took me longer than I had expected - I kept trying to use Meka so I could save states, but I kept losing music somehow (weird bug for Bock, though I was using an older release). Anyway, I finished the game on my genuine SMS and here's the last few levels (or "steps", as the game calls them):

10. track #2
11. whichever track step 9 uses (A Stone Wall) (winamp has up and died on me; I'll get back to you with the file number in a sec)
12. track #2
13. step 9's track

Again, I'll have to restart my computer and browse through the vgms you sent me again, but in general:

for the first half of the game, there is one main track (I think this was track #1) used for stages that are fairly typical of platformers (i.e., the player controls running and shooting). Track #2 is used for the less typical levels (A Craggy Cliff, A River Bank, and A Small Town) where the action resembles shooters (the player has some control over motion, but the general movement is one one direction). Until the player enters the castle grounds, this rule is applied everywhere except for A Stone Wall, which has its own music. Once inside the castle, the music seems to alternate between track #2 and the wall music.

The title track trumps any other background theme as long as the player has the red scroll.

Anyway, I am going to restart my computer now and double check everything right now. I hope this helps.

Now I gotta play Ninja Princess on my Saturn Sega Ages disk and see what else Sega changed for the SMS port, besides the main character's gender and nobility!

Mecha Kawaii

Mecha Kawaii
recap
Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:14 pm

1. Grassy Field, Track #1
2. A Craggy Cliff, Track #2
3. The Prairie, Track #1
4. A Shrine, Track #1
5. A River Bank, Track #2
6. Town Street, Track #2
7. A Small Town, Track #2
8. Residential Samurai Area
9. A Stone Wall, Track #3
10. Inside Terrace, Track #2
11. Inside Ohkami Castle (room with wooden floor), Track #3
12. Inside Ohkami Castle (tatami room), Track #2
13. Inside Ohkami Castle (maze), Track #3

Track #1 : most platform levels outside the castle
Track #2 : most shooteresque levels; platformish levels in castle
Track #3 : the wall and platformish levels in castle
Track #4 : main theme and theme of Red Scrolls (Secret Book of Pinwheel Darts)
Track #5 : Gyokuro (level boss theme)
Track #6 : level beginning music
Track #7 : game over
Track #8 : ending music

> Hey Maxim,

> Sorry it took me longer than I had expected - I kept trying to use Meka so I could save states, but I kept losing music somehow (weird bug for Bock, though I was using an older release). Anyway, I finished the game on my genuine SMS and here's the last few levels (or "steps", as the game calls them):
>
> 10. track #2
> 11. whichever track step 9 uses (A Stone Wall) (winamp has up and died on me; I'll get back to you with the file number in a sec)
> 12. track #2
> 13. step 9's track

> Again, I'll have to restart my computer and browse through the vgms you sent me again, but in general:

> for the first half of the game, there is one main track (I think this was track #1) used for stages that are fairly typical of platformers (i.e., the player controls running and shooting). Track #2 is used for the less typical levels (A Craggy Cliff, A River Bank, and A Small Town) where the action resembles shooters (the player has some control over motion, but the general movement is one one direction). Until the player enters the castle grounds, this rule is applied everywhere except for A Stone Wall, which has its own music. Once inside the castle, the music seems to alternate between track #2 and the wall music.

> The title track trumps any other background theme as long as the player has the red scroll.

> Anyway, I am going to restart my computer now and double check everything right now. I hope this helps.

> Now I gotta play Ninja Princess on my Saturn Sega Ages disk and see what else Sega changed for the SMS port, besides the main character's gender and nobility!

> Mecha Kawaii

• Site Admin
Meka bug
Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:19 am
> Sorry it took me longer than I had expected - I kept trying to use Meka so I could save states, but I kept losing music somehow (weird bug for Bock, though I was using an older release).

What exact version, please ?
In fact, I'm aware of a bug since I implemented Maxim's PSG emulator (may be related or not to his code) when reseting the system or loading savegames. It's weird..
It's very bad, I need to work on it.
Darm
Re: recap
Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:34 am
Thanks Maxim, Mecha and anyone else involved for making this a reality, or soon to be. Ninja rocks! Thanks again. Maybe Black belt next, anyone? :)

>
> 1. Grassy Field, Track #1
> 2. A Craggy Cliff, Track #2
> 3. The Prairie, Track #1
> 4. A Shrine, Track #1
> 5. A River Bank, Track #2
> 6. Town Street, Track #2
> 7. A Small Town, Track #2
> 8. Residential Samurai Area
> 9. A Stone Wall, Track #3
> 10. Inside Terrace, Track #2
> 11. Inside Ohkami Castle (room with wooden floor), Track #3
> 12. Inside Ohkami Castle (tatami room), Track #2
> 13. Inside Ohkami Castle (maze), Track #3

> Track #1 : most platform levels outside the castle
> Track #2 : most shooteresque levels; platformish levels in castle
> Track #3 : the wall and platformish levels in castle
> Track #4 : main theme and theme of Red Scrolls (Secret Book of Pinwheel Darts)
> Track #5 : Gyokuro (level boss theme)
> Track #6 : level beginning music
> Track #7 : game over
> Track #8 : ending music

> > Hey Maxim,

> > Sorry it took me longer than I had expected - I kept trying to use Meka so I could save states, but I kept losing music somehow (weird bug for Bock, though I was using an older release). Anyway, I finished the game on my genuine SMS and here's the last few levels (or "steps", as the game calls them):
> >
> > 10. track #2
> > 11. whichever track step 9 uses (A Stone Wall) (winamp has up and died on me; I'll get back to you with the file number in a sec)
> > 12. track #2
> > 13. step 9's track

> > Again, I'll have to restart my computer and browse through the vgms you sent me again, but in general:

> > for the first half of the game, there is one main track (I think this was track #1) used for stages that are fairly typical of platformers (i.e., the player controls running and shooting). Track #2 is used for the less typical levels (A Craggy Cliff, A River Bank, and A Small Town) where the action resembles shooters (the player has some control over motion, but the general movement is one one direction). Until the player enters the castle grounds, this rule is applied everywhere except for A Stone Wall, which has its own music. Once inside the castle, the music seems to alternate between track #2 and the wall music.

> > The title track trumps any other background theme as long as the player has the red scroll.

> > Anyway, I am going to restart my computer now and double check everything right now. I hope this helps.

> > Now I gotta play Ninja Princess on my Saturn Sega Ages disk and see what else Sega changed for the SMS port, besides the main character's gender and nobility!

> > Mecha Kawaii

Mecha Kawaii
Bock: version of Meka with bug is 0.64
Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:00 pm
nt

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!