Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Games for sc-3000?

Reply to topic
Games for sc-3000?
Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:36 am
was there never released any good games for sc-3000, which was not sc-1000 versions?, it seems like all I can find is poor and boring basic games ?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:50 pm
There's a lot of tape games that are not well known, maybe good but they are often less professional efforts (teenage bedroom coder stereotype). Sega games would have been made for the SG-1000 to have a wider market and more protection from piracy.
Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:26 am
I've got big dreams and plans to document and release sc-3000 games, but life always seems to always get in the way. I don't know whether I would say many of them are "good" from a modern perspective (especially since you aren't a fan of the SG-1000 games).

I'm about halfway through a blog post on Aero-Bat - which would seem to be one of the most advanced flight sim games released at that time (even in comparison to the version of MS Flight Simulator that was available).

It was possible to fly over, under and into a wireframe bridge, which was a huge technical achievement at the time when most obstacles in a flight sim were entirely solid to the ground level.

https://segaretro.org/Aero-Bat

http://thesg-1000junkyard.blogspot.com/2019/03/greats3k-001-addition-tutor.html
Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:21 am
[quote="doc eggfan"]I've got big dreams and plans to document and release sc-3000 games, but life always seems to always get in the way. I don't know whether I would say many of them are "good" from a modern perspective (especially since you aren't a fan of the SG-1000 games).

I did not say I am not a fan of SG-1000, I like the platform, since more systems have the same hardware specs.

I convert/port games and wanted to know if there are any SC-3000 games worthy to convert/port to other platforms. But its seems like the games I can find are Basic games.

I ported the SG-1000 versions of Cso and Hustle Chumy, to Memotech MTX and ColecoVision already.

I do not have a SG-1000, so I never ported to that platform, and not sure if there is any pcb or cartrigde for the SG-1000.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!