Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Playing GameGear with NES controller

Reply to topic
Playing GameGear with NES controller
Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:45 am
A few years ago I started a project to build a converter board to plug in an NES controller to play game gear. I was able to finish the project and it works really well. With the TV output mode this made it nice to play GameGear on a TV with a good controller. I also programmed in ways to unlock turbo mode for the A and B buttons.

My plan was to sell these, which I did sell a handful of them, but now my life has gotten to busy to his. Instead I'm going to release the files here with all the code, PCB board designs, installation instructions and a few pictures.

The computer I used while making this designed had an SSD hard drive that crashed. Lucky I had most the files also on a thumb drive. The one file that didnt make it was the NES controller male connector. It's not really needed though, just helps line up the pins, but can be done without it.

Video of me usings this can be found at https://www.facebook.com/gamegearconsole/videos/1896793170570404/

Enjoy and if you do get this working for yourself let us know on here.
GGNES.zip (4.56 MB)
GGNES Files

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:16 pm
Thank you for releasing this! I know what it's like to have to put projects aside when life gets busy. I hope things settle down and you can do more of the things you love in the future :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!