SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Alpha script output

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Alpha script output
Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:05 am
I've been working on a local DB and some PHP scripts.
Here is a very preliminary output result:
http://wip.smspower.org/tests/data/sms/

The page is computed by a PHP script that gets its date from the DB. Once it is completed, another script can run the first script for all games and rebuild all pages.

Currently, complete .html pages are built, but in the end, the SMS Power header and footer should not be precomputed. Per request, 'view.php' script will output those headers, maybe user & login infos, and then include the precomputed data.

I've added a new game_name table. My script precompute a list of different game names by merging all available names from game_version.

The main annoying thing I'm running into is that:
- now that the HTML output is getting procedural (outputed by a PHP script), it becomes difficult to tune the design. I can always work on the old static HTML page but have to reflect change on both versions.
- I'm currently setuping a DB locally on my computer based on the model, and filling it naively with PhpMyAdmin, a generic DB management tool. When I'll have to switch to the DB on SMS Power, I'll either have to stop using my local DB (meaning that work in progress will occur on the main server, with potential bugs damagin the DB) either be able to be in sync between the main server and my local computer, which is a pain unless I can find or write some helper tools.

I don't know if anybody is following me now.. :)
  • Site Admin
Update
Post Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:21 pm
> The main annoying thing I'm running into is that:
> - now that the HTML output is getting procedural (outputed by a PHP script), it becomes difficult to tune the design. I can always work on the old static HTML page but have to reflect change on both versions.

I solved the problem (and made the code much easier to read and maintain) by using a template system. I now have a human/HTML editable template file where variable and rows are replaced to build a game page.

I added some more fields into the local DB and the corresponding PHP/template code but the "big" data (screenshots, scans, etc.) are still missing.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!