Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka Windows 10

Reply to topic
Meka Windows 10
Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:10 am
It seems that most versions of Meka do not work in Windows 10. I contacted one website which hosts emulators and even they have stopped advertising Meka because of the lack of support for modern operating systems. They suggest Fusion, but Fusion has utterly terrible SMS emulation.

So is Meka no longer in development? There is version 0.80, which I use, but there are many bugs. I had a game crash just a few days ago. Which emulators are people using for the SMS on Windows 10? And don't say use Windows 7... it won't be supported after 2020.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:49 am
Meka is under lifeline support, perhaps will be worked on more actively someday..

I don't have answer to your question but if you state that something "doesn't work" or "crash" please be more specific... Because I and many people have been using Meka on Windows 10 for years.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:37 pm
I've had no issues in Windows 10. There is a C runtime dependency which effectively disappears on the recent VS2017 builds as the runtime is included in Windows. Are we missing a zip for that version? I have a master branch build here for example: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/maxim-zhao/meka/builds/23066993/artifacts but it's not official (comes from my fork).
Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:27 pm
I'm not intentionally trying to be vague. The bugs do seem rather random. Sometimes the game speed slows down (that usually happens if I am, say, going back and forth between Meka and a pdf Manual). Sometimes the mouse disappears, though that hasn't happened recently. The last time I played, Meka got stuck in full-screen mode, so I couldn't access the save menu (or any other menu) and unfortunately I had to give up my progress (I was playing Lord of the Sword and it is gruelling to play if you try to do it all in one sitting).

Thank you for the link to that build. I'll give it a try and see if it is a better experience. The 0.73 version does not work on my Windows 10 PC. I use a 0.8 version of Meka, which I believe I took from the testing thread.
Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Maxim: Yes, there is a dll file I am missing from my PC that prevents Meka 0.73 from running. This is why I have been using the 0.8 test version, which I guess is why I'm getting these bugs.

I have downloaded your version and so far it is flawless. Thank you.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!