Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [Hacks competition 2019] Azled in Fantasy World by ian, Calindro, Nicole Marie T

Reply to topic

Rate this entry!

1 - Terrible 0% 0%
2 0% 0%
3 0% 0%
4 7% 7%
5 0% 0%
6 7% 7%
7 38% 38%
8 30% 30%
9 - Excellent 15% 15%
This poll has expired.
  • Site Admin
[Hacks competition 2019] Azled in Fantasy World by ian, Calindro, Nicole Marie T
Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 pm
Azled in Fantasy World is an action-adventure / RPG game, created using KiddEd.
It uses a modified version of the Alex Kidd in Miracle World game engine.
The game is stil very incomplete but there are plans to implement further features and level design.

The story is a prequel to the events of Alex Kidd in Miracle World. Set on the planet Aries, you play as a boy named Azled. You have been sent on a quest to locate the Sun Stone and return it St. Nurari at the top of Mt. Eternal.

Created by Ian. Support by Calindro. Original music by Nicole Marie T.

http://www.smspower.org/Hacks/AlexKiddInMiracleWorld-SMS-AzledInFantasyWorld-Mod

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:24 pm
It's a very interesting perversion of the Alex Kidd engine, but it seems a little rough around the edges as a result.
Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 am
There's not much of a game here yet, but as a prototype it's very promising. I'm looking forward to seeing how this game develops for sure!
Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:21 pm
Interesting entry. I had fun playing it.
Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:47 pm
Absolutely impressive! Both in its own right, and as a far out example of what KiddEd is able to do with the good old Alex Kidd engine :)
Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:44 pm
Thanks for the feedback. The engine definitely needs some fine-tuning but I think the potential is there to see. When the engine is fully finished, KiddEd is going to make creating RPGs a doddle!
Nice work
Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:47 am
Nice work - my kind of game... can just walk around the playing field exploring stuff... does fire1 do anything? If not then my only suggestion for future development may be to wire up to double time so player can walk faster esp. in spacial areas with lots of grass to get where he wants to go quicker - similar to "The Castle" - just a thought. Again, nice work!
Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:37 am
Although not a complete game, this is a new show of the versatility of the Alex engine. I want a game like that for the Master System!
Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:19 am
Very cool hack! Always welcome to see another well made Zelda clone! And no, that is not at all a negative thing. Would love to see something like this made right on the SMS. Just as long as it's done well with plenty of TLC and lots to do. Looks very promising so far. I would definitely fix that hit detection tho, that's probably the most glaring thing that I can see thus far.

Just don't make the beginner's mistake of making the overworld or dungeons a pain to navigate with too many windy paths just for the sake of making the game longer. Extend the game with content, not monotonous walking. Block paths off with NPC"s or obstacles until objectives are met or proper tools are found. Use puzzles or locked doors in dungeons instead of winding pathways. Include plenty of things to see and do in an open and easy to maneuver overworld along with thoughtful dungeon design and you'll surely have a fun and rewarding game on your hands!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!